Tuesday 14 April 2015

Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - Buttons

We have another fun challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania this fortnight, called 'Cute as a button'. Loads of scope there peeps, I'm sure everyone has at least one spare button hanging around! Just so long as you use a manual die cutting/embossing machine that's fine, and also do remember to say which embossing, die cutting products you used.

Our sponsor this fortnight is Ooh La La Creations - and there are some gorgeous goodies in their store, including charms, embellishments, bling, CDs and of course some absolutely fabulous buttons!

So this is the card I made, using my trusty Cuttlebug - it all started with the 'buttons' embossing folder I used, and the card just evolved round that:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square scalloped white card blank (Craftwork Cards)

- sandy coloured backing card, which was a bit of a find. I totally love 'Crumb Cake' by Stampin' Up but the other day I found, in my box of card kept especially for stamping and colouring, some Neenah 'Desert Storm' card - which is a perfect match

- the image is a pre-coloured LOTV one from way back when, but I see it's still included in their current 'Toddlers' Art Pad. I just trimmed a whisker from each side and rounded the corners with a Woodware punch

- mounted the image onto a 'Desert Storm' square, die cut using a die from the Spellbinders 'Scalloped Squares' set

- the patterned paper came from Dovecraft's 'Back to Basics II' paper pack

- as already said, the white panel on the lower part of the card was really my starting point when I designed the card. I've used this embossing folder (Boofle tri-boss embossing folder 'Mixed Buttons' just once back in 2013 and was determined to give it an outing

- then I mounted the patterned paper and the embossed panel onto a square of 'Desert Storm' card - rounded the bottom corners before doing any sticking down

- that gave me a nice firm backing which I could pop a piece of beige ribbon on, to hide the join between the patterned card and the embossed panel, then just knotted a snippet of the same beige ribbon round the ribbon band

- added the image on its scalloped backing using thin sticky pads

- the sentiment was stamped using Memento 'Paris Dusk' ink and a sentiment from the Lawn Fawn 'Sew Lovely' stamp set - I think this set is worth it for that sentiment alone! Hand cut the 'banner' and a slightly larger backing one from 'Desert Storm'. Again the sentiment was added to the card using thin sticky pads

- final touch, a beige button threaded with blue embroidery thread - stuck on using the hot glue gun

Your turn to play now - as I said, everyone must have a button to hand. I was just lucky that I had the embossing folder - and it was happy to come out and be used :)

Di
x

28 comments:

  1. This card is as cute as a button too! Love your pretty design and that sentiment is the perfect finishing touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper cute Di and wow that button embossing is fantabulous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, Di - I keep meaning to get that embossing folder to use on cards for my two older granddaughters, as their surname is "Button". What a pity I've already published my Chloe tag with that gorgeous button on it, or I'd be heading over to Cuttlebug Mania like greased lightning. But I still have lots more lovely buttons to play with so I'll have to get my thinking cap on

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card !
    That button embossing folder looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaah what an absolute sweetie and i so love that button embossing folder, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this is so cute! Fab paper and embossed buttons! That gorgeous ribbon makes it look so classy too!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute card and i love that image and your color palette.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvellous . . . simply marvellous. CUTE as a button indeed.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely cute card Di and I love the buttons embossing folder.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Di - sorry been AWOL... been a bit of a traumatic week!!! LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It certainly is a cute little card Di.....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, it just had to be a LOTV image. I love that crumb cake colour too and it goes so well with blue. A gorgeous card. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty Di and I love the satin ribbon x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Di and that button folder is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Di!! He is just adorable! I love the scallops, embossed buttons, the colors, and the precious button and bow that tie it all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet Diane, love the embossing and the sweet image, fabulous!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is this!! Fab image and I love the design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, this card is just precious Di! I love the color combo and I love that embossing folder. Your image is just so sweet as well. Who doesn't love buttons?! Who doesn't have jar fulls of them? lol Love your pretty little button!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just so cute , I love the colour combination and the button embossing is fab.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Di I love this card - soooo sweet!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous Di, love the image and the backing papers and the EF, you could also have put a button on the two wheels.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a cute LOTV image and a really beautiful card. I love the buttons EF and the pretty dp goes perfectly with the blue on the image. What a wonderfully apt sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgous baby card. Love the colours and embossing folder xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this cute card and the button folder you used
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awwww! So sweet, the little guy taking his puppy for a spin. I really like the colors and that button you used. I'm convinced that everyone else is better at buttons than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a sweet card. I really like the button embossing folder. And that ribbon is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.