I couldn't let the very last Technique Time Tuesday Challenge pass without joining in, although I almost missed the boat. This has been a great challenge with lots of techniques to try - as well as taking us out of our comfort zones.
So thank you Mynette, our very own Karen P, and the lovely team for all your hard work - sorry to see the challenge closing but huge thanks for all the inspiration.
This final challenge (make a side step card) was a real 'lulu' 'cos I ended up using a craft knife and truly shouldn't be allowed near anything sharper than a teaspoon :( But, no mishaps thankfully and this is the end result:
- white card stock, cut and folded into a side stepper card
- SU's Rich Razzleberry' card
- backing paper from Wild Rose Studio's 'Butterfly Garden' paper pad
- Penny Black Stickeroos from the 'Dreamscape' sheet. The big one was stuck onto a piece of white card stock before being trimmed down to size
- the butterflies to the right are from the same sheet, stuck onto paper, trimmed and then popped onto strips of acetate before being stuck to the centre 'step' of the card. Only after that was done did I add the card and paper panel to cover the stuck down ends of the strips
- final touch, a Craftwork Cards 'Happy Birthday' sentiment
One, two three ........ ten - all digits present and correct, ready to fight another day :)