Thursday, 24 April 2014

If you want to get ahead, get a hat!

The current challenge over at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge is 'If you want to get ahead, get a hat!' - so (naturally) you have to use a hat on your creation. I rootled round in the box of Christmas cards to upcycle from 2013 and found a wide card with five dancing penguins on, a bit sparkly AND wearing hats :) After some careful chopping, these two cards are the result, with one little penguin from the centre of the original card left over to play with another time:


I used:

- A6 white card blanks

- the images, just trimmed to suit and the corners punched with a Woodware notched corner punch

- snippets of coloured backing card - SU 'Melon Mambo' and 'Island Indigo'

- white card embossed using Crafts Too's 'Snowflake Banner' folder

- little snippets of the coloured card across the 'banner' as a belly band - so small they don't join in the middle but that's hidden by the image topper :)

These cards are also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for April.


My Rudolph Day cards are ready for tomorrow too - are yours?

And thank you so much to those of you who helped out with the 1.25" square punch. Eve sent me a link to Sirstampalot (EK Success who make SU punches) and one arrived here yesterday :) Err, and I also ordered a set of square Nesties too, sigh. Bread and jam for the rest of the week.

Di
x

18 comments:

  1. But I need a head to have a place to put my hat!!!!

    Such happy glittering dancing penguins! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are two delightful entries for the CHNCC, Di

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penguins - my favourites! Lovely cards Di.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww - these made me smile first thing this morning Di - who doesn't love dancing jolly penguins! FAB!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dancing penguins - briliant.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di,
    I love your cheerful penguin cards.

    So glad you got the punch and the dies ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these penguins Di, and you've just reminded me about Rudolph Day. Must try to enter this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Di and so glad you managed to get your punch! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards Di loving the images x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great Di, love the Penguins and the embossed backgrounds.
    No I am not ready, saw the reminder on Sarn's blog and it has just disappeared from my mind and I only remembered 20 minutes ago so have been flying through my comments asap.

    Byeeeeeeeee

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. P-p-p-pick up an penguin!! Brilliant trendsetter penguins here Missey!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!!! These are jolly little penguins and were a great up cycling choice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like these cute little penguins, and there is so much creativity in these cards to like, including the natty punched out corners.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love penguins! Fab upcycling Miss and gorgeous cards too! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hopes yer scraping the jam on the bread carefuls like. Cute little penquins and a bit of clever cutting going on dere.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment! Sorry but anonymous comments have had to be blocked due to a spam avalanche. Di x