Needed a Birthday card in a hurry so I had another go at colouring a stamp and then 'huffing' on it to remoisten the inks before stamping:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- a floral stamp from SU's 'Serene Silhouettes' set, coloured with a mix of TH Distress Ink and Whispers pens, then die cut with a Nesties plain oval and popped onto a white Nesties 'Floral' oval
- SU's 'Perfect Plum' card stock for the main backing
- spotty mauve paper from a Christmas paper pack - Wild Rose Studios 'Wintry Christmas'. All of the designs are fine for use other than at Christmas btw :)
- Elzybells sentiment (I masked off the word 'belated' with tape before inking then removed the tape before stamping), stamped using SU's 'Perfect Plum' ink pad, punched with SU's 'Word Window' and then popped onto a punched snippet of 'Perfect Plum' punched with SU's 'Modern Label'
- final touch, a little 'Perfect Plum' butterfly punched with a small Woodware punch and topped with a white pearl
Little tip, which I bet you already know. The sentiment covers different thicknesses on the card, the backing paper and the layered ovals. To make it sit level just add a piece of thin sticky pad to the back of the 'paper' end and flat tape or glue to the back of the 'layered' end of the sentiment before popping it on.