A very special friend (I'm allowed to say it was Sarn I think 'cos a few other peeps already 'outed' her) had a Birthday recently so I used her favourite SU colours to make her this Birthday card:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- SU's 'Island Indigo' card stock, embossed using a Sizzix embossing folder called 'Corner, Flower Vine', for the background
- a snippet of SU's 'Pool Party' card stock, die cut using the Memory Box 'Grand Happy Birthday' die, and I added a couple of embossed lines along the bottom edge (which don't really show up in the photo)
- a smaller snippet of 'Pool Party', stamped in Memento 'Teal Zeal' using a flower stamp from SU's 'Secret Garden' set then die cut using a matching SU Framelits die
- the leaves were die cut from a snippet of SU's 'Certainly Celery, using another die from the SU 'Secret Garden' set
- butterfly was die cut from more 'Certainly Celery', using SU's 'Beautiful Wings' butterfly Framelits
- little white pearls were added to the centre of the flower and also down the body of the butterfly
Hope you had a lovely day Sarn!
Straight onto this week's picks, and as always I ended up with a mahooooosive list which I had to stick a pin into to select a handful otherwise I'd be here forever :)
Ileana brought this card to show, absolutely divine! So much work and a stunning result.
Time to welcome two new playmates:
Lovely to see you all and hope you come back and play often!
Time for the draw for the Penny Black 'Pin-striped' stamp, and the winner is:
And of course, this coming week's prize is your own Memory Box 'Grand Birthday' die :)
As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 3rd May and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.
Have a great week - keep those snippets coming :)
Di (and a wave from Parsnip - now minus the Easter bunny ears and whiskers, so we're friends again and peace reigns)