Sunday 16 February 2014

Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 112

And another bumper crop of 70 entries this last week - perhaps all checking up on the progress of the ark :) I think it's been a case of rain has hampered progress, with no sign of it abating either. We were awake most of Friday night and I'm sure I could hear trees falling in the nearby park.

Anyhow, here's my snippets card for today:
I used:

- 5.5" x 5.5" square white card blank

- all papers are from the 'Me to You' 'Spring Chic' paper pad - a great pad as it's double sided and I did sneak in almost a full sheet of lemon as the main backing frame but all the rest were snippets tucked into the pad using my new storage system - shown here

- the image is by Wild Rose Studio called 'Birthday Girl', a gift from Sam when we met up with ScrappyMo last Summer. (More of that later in this post!!) Stamped with SU 'Smoky Grey', coloured with Pro Markers and the little girl's top and the tablecloth were paper pieced 

- the lace 'belly band' (that always makes me giggle!) was punched using Martha' Stewart's 'Vintage Lace' edge punch and topped with a piece of pink ribbon

- sentiment is a pre-loved SU one, stamped with SU 'Smoky Slate' and then punched with SU's 'Label - Curly' punch

- the flowers were die cut with one of the very first die sets I ever bought, and still a great favourite - made by Joy!, ref. 6002/024 - and topped with self-adhesive pearls. Funny though, the pink gingham paper I used is a perfect match to the other pinks in the card, yet it looks mauve in the photo :)

And straight onto this week's picks:

 
Given all the comments flying round about us building an ark in the Playground, this card made by Kim did make me laugh :) Have you SEEN the sentiment?! Snort!

Gosh I do so hope none of you girls have been affected by the awful floods down this way - not to mention the frightening gale force winds plus the heavy snow over 'the pond' and bad weather elsewhere. Mother Nature is sure going through a bad bout of PMT right now:(

I asked Cornelia to link up her sour cream containers, not only did she use up some snippets but there's also a great tutorial as well on how to make these little beauties.

Some weeks one of you comes up with two great snippets ideas and I can't choose between them - so this is Cornelia again. Brilliant heart card, and again you can check out how it was made.

And here's another great use of snippets, also with a link to show how it's done - brought to share with us by Jenny L. Oh I adore those flowers and apparently BIG flowers are supposed to be the latest thing (a return visit) for card making and scrapping.

Pippa brought us this card - made from (rather posh Earl Grey) teabag packaging. It's yet another ingenious idea - although I can't think that 'Yorkshire Tea for hard water' packaging that we generally have here is likely to be inspiring :(

Isn't this a fabulous card, made by Scrappy Mo? Lots of snippets used and even sparkle - which I know gives Mo the heebie jeebies 'cos it does tend to get everywhere!

So that was a quick scamper this week - as always you all made such beautiful stuff it was very hard to choose.

And we also have a new Playmate - please will you welcome Janeen who brought this lovely card to show - and also hopped back again later in the week so I guess we didn't scare her off too much!
IMG_3741

And now the winner of last week's prize of the sentiments set and the rose stamp:
Eve
Well done Eve, can you drop me an email  to di_wray@hotmail.com with your address please and the stamps will be posted off to you just as soon I find the paddle for the canoe - it floated away overnight :(

This coming week's prize is, as almost always, linked to today's snippets card.
Yup, it's the same image stamp - Wild Rose Studio's 'Birthday Girl'. Kindly donated to the toy box by Sam.
AND we have a second Wild Rose Studio stamp called 'Bunny on Scooter', which was donated at the very same time by Scrappy Mo. It was the day we three playmates met up last year and went to Flutterbys Craft Store - and both the little scallywags sneaked off and bought these for prizes :) Thank you girls!

The snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 22nd February and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.

Both items are one prize but can you please say if you aren't playing for either of the items in this week's prize 'cos then I could do a second draw for whatever it is the first prize winner doesn't want.

Please NEVER be afraid to say you're just playing for fun - it doesn't offend me at all, and the Playground is first and foremost for us to have fun, the prizes are just a thank you for playing :)

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Have a great week and hope to see you in the Playground - bring your wellies (if it wasn't so very sad that might have been a funny).

STOP PRESS! Our little Playmate Victoria became a first time Mummy to a darling little baby girl - for more info. please look HERE. No name as yet, but what a little sweetie, can't you just smell the baby powder - many congratulations and she is absolutely adorable!! Love and hugs from us all in the Playground :)

SECOND STOP PRESS: If you check this more recent post, you'll see that I have one of the 'two weeks' thingies running. What you can win and how to be in with a chance is all there. 

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)
x

47 comments:

  1. Thanks for showcasing me! I am always humbled if anyone does that!
    I will be submitting cards this week but of course no thanks for the prizes...Only fair!

    Your card is so pretty. I have that stamp too but have never inked it up...hangs head in shame.

    Yours is so pretty. the colours are so soft and love those flowers. I can see why you love that die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di, you are showering me with attention again! Thank you! No wonder I'm getting so many blog visits!
    So cute your cards! Especially the Noah's arc one - its soooo adorable!
    I am saying no thanks to the prizes this week - and I'm sure I'll have some cards to link up soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh...I think I am first!
    Here to share a baby card I made for the Winterfest challenges over at Two Peas. Off to start my next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di, your card is just the sweetest little thing, and I love the dsp and flowers! Congrats to everyone who played nice in the playground last week! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card. I like the papers you chose and they go so well with your coloring. Very nice. Tonight on the NEWS the flooding and winds of London were shown. I looked to see if I'd see you, Len and Parsnips floating by on an upside down umbrella. I do hope your weather improves and soon. You can always send some rain our way....We had 11 inches in 3 days. We still need over 50 inches to be at our normal. What is going on with Mother Nature?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Miss how "del-umptious" and "scrum-plicious" is that card..

    Really gave me the biggest smile on my face looking at .. well done and yes! do love the focal image.. both stamps are ultra cute and rather like LOTV aren't they??

    Mm sorry you are so sodden and farmers over our way would love some of it ..

    I really pray all playmates are safe, and high and dry... and our new little playmate is ultra cute..
    hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you don't mind me linking up Di - I was 18 minutes too late yesterday. Can you believe it? Great cards by everyone showcased again. I will have to check out the links later.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quip about Mother Nature having PMT really tickled me... I can imagine you giving a weather forecast along the lines of 'the sample'! :)
    Right off to have a snoop at the tiny playmate
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just added my snippet to the batch - thanks for MAKING me enter time after time - I'll use those pesky snippets if it's the last thing I do!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card and so adorable is your image Di you could enter this in l love promarkers challenge Gingham/Plaid/Checks .....another brilliant selection of cards and well done to your winner Eve enjoy your candy gorgeous candy again not for me..........have a lovely day Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab picks Di and gorgeous card of yours so cute!!! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Miss Di and a not so soggy Parsnip this week.
    Love your really super creation this week. This is a really great stamp, and you have coloured it so well.
    Thank you for featuring my flower creations this week.
    Love the other fab creations featured too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely adore your cute card Di.

    Fab showcased items too.

    Congrats to Eve on winning the prize.

    Playing along for fun, so please exclude me from the prize draw.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Miss Di and the wonderful Parsnip,
    I am back with my entry for this weeks challenge.
    Thank you sooo! much for this great challenge. I really do enjoy entering into the wonderful fun in the playground.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to say that there are 5 cards in my blog post but I know I can only enter three so please use the first three cards in the blog post as my entry
    Thank you
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. All that lovely gingham on your card is scrumptious! Isn't that silly how the camera decides to randomly change the color of something! Your card is so adorbs! Did I use that slang right? I'm getting my gray covered today so I can be more hip and young..... lol... probably break a hip...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Miss Di

    It must be so hard to decide which projects to showcase as you get so many fabby entries!!

    I am just playing for fun Di as I already have one of those gorgeous stamps.

    Love your card. Yummy colours and great paper piecing.

    Well done on your win Eve!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous showcase
    love your card
    the stamp is so sweet
    hugs to you Di and all ladies
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lurve your card Di - also particularly fond of the belly band meself. Mind you I would need a belly orchestra! Great card and snippets cards!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Back with a second card. Hope you are coping OK with the terrible weather! I guess the ducks are not even venturing out of the coop and intot he pond...for fear of blowing away!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haa Haa! Gorgeous card there Miss. I was just finking that stamp looked so cute and like me as a kiddie!
    I am BAAAAACK! Not running on 4 star yet but nearly there!
    No thanks to the stamp seeing as I donated it like!
    Hugs
    Hettie
    PS Have you seen FB today?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card Di, love the green and pink and a really lovely image.
    Great picks again, I certainly don't envy you that job.
    Hope all is well with you.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Made it back to say hi after linking up this morning before work. Love the cute little girl image Di and all the lovely ginghamy papers. Great showcase again too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning picks this week--congrats to all! And big congrats on the new baby, Victoria! I'm playing for fun this week-not for prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great cards you have showcased this week. What a lovely image you have used for your snippets card and also love the baby card you have shown today.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that the papers match your image so well, such a cute card.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous creations Miss - the talent here is awesome as our US buddies would say! I just love seeing what other crafters make with their snippets.
    So Di thank you for the challenge and all the work you put into doing this every week xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a sweet baby card, Di.
    Fabulous collection of 'snippets' cards/projects - well done everyone.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is so cute. Love the green and lavender/ pink color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Miss Di and the wonderful Parsnip,
    I have just left my 2nd entry for this weeks wonderful challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a sweet little darlin' peeking at her birthday cake! Meant to get over yesterday but ran out of day! No thanks to the goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Di, hope you are well. I'm late again for this weeks challenge and just noticed you've added an extra prize. I would love to be in with a chance for the Mr & Mrs die (that's if I manage to get my act together and post 3 cards!)but I'll decline the cling stamps and just play for fun. Everyone is getting far too snippet-clever! What amazing makes. I'm going to need to empty the waste bin more often to keep up with this crew!!! Well done all. x

    ReplyDelete
  33. A lovely card again Di, but I think someone else will make better use of the 'cute' stamps than I will, so I am just playing this week, but the beautiful die - Yes please! Kate x
    I'd better get two more cards made now!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the stamp Di and the lovely colours you have used, so soft and gentle, and the little touches of pink with the flowers and the ribbon, and that very pretty MS punch are the perfect embellishments. x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card Di, such pretty pastel colours : )
    I am not playing for the stamp but DEFINITELY for the Mr & Mrs die.
    Thank you for donating this wonderful prize : )

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Di, just posted my card for this week. Thanks for picking my card to showcase. Love your little girl card so keeping my fingers crossed that my number comes up (in a good way!) x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very cute card, Di! I am playing just for fun so that someone who doesn't have as much stuff as I have can get the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  38. First time entering, hope it counts as it was made from left-overs, lol.Just entering for fun, by the way, not for a prize. Hugs, Shaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm back again. Still no thanks on these sweet stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your snippets card is so pretty, such a sweet image and I love the soft colours.love the gingham flowers too.
    Wonderful showcase cards again as well.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  41. A Gorgeous card, Di and what a wonderful showcase of beauties too. Have to admit to buying some of that tea for the box, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Popped in with my last card for this week. Off to visit! I think I have made it more than half way round already!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Miss Di, and the lovely Parsnip,
    I have just left my 3rd entry into this weeks challenge.
    Thank you again for taking the time to run this wonderful challenge.
    Lots of crafty love Jenny L.
    Big Hugs for Parsnip.

    ReplyDelete
  44. In with another - look at me go! I forgot to say last time, I'm playing for fun so please don't enter me for either of your generous draws. Vicky x
    PS You've had me singing away 'I love the sound of falling trees...' all afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm not sure I'll make it to card #3 or not and not worried about it but I do have a #2 for you.


    Um.....

    Card number 2, not a number 2 like a doo doo. That's be rude.

    No doo doo on the playground. I'm sure that's a rule.

    ReplyDelete
  46. So much inspirational talent, it's humbling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.