.............then wear it. I can't see me tottering round in a pair of shoes like this, although there was such a time when the higher the heels the more you felt you could stand up for yourself in the office :) It's another card made for a friend's Birthday next month so the New Year resolution to stay ahead of the game is still in my mind - so far!
- 6" x 6" square black card blank
- butterfly backing paper from First Edition's 'Noir et Chic' paper pad
- plain black and cream card
- all stamps are from SU's 'Fabulous You' set, stamped in Memento 'Tuxedo Black'
- the shoe was going to be left plain but my 'in-house critic' thought the card looked too sombre, so I coloured the shoe and butterflies with Whispers pens - with heart in mouth as the card was all finished by then! Then I added some black gems to add a bit of dimension to the shoe and the butterflies
- the sentiment was popped onto a black die cut, I used a Spellbinders Fancy Tag 2 die
The layout (ie. putting the shoe into a triangle) is similar to one I found on the internet - but of course now I can't find it again to give credit where it's due :(
I thought the shoe looked OK without any colouring and am absolutely certain it would look divine stamped in other colours or embossed in gold or silver, maybe on a Wedding card.
More food for thought!