I made this card for a couple of challenges - Penny Black and More 'Love is in the air' and Penny Black Saturday Challenge 'New' - the adorable stamp is new, from Santa:
here - and her card was one of my Playground Picks on Sunday. So, instead of doing my all too often used 'backing paper across the whole card' theme, I played with hexagons :)
- 6" x 6" square tent style card, using SU's 'So Saffron' card stock
- the image is by Penny Black, called 'Love Grafitti', coloured with Pro Markers and Polychromos pencils, blended with Sansodor
- the image was die cut using a Spellbinders Nestie from the hexagon set, and layered onto a snippet of dark blue pearlescent card, hand cut in the usual way by drawing round the outside of the die to keep a narrow border
- the panel of hexagons was made with a snippet of dark blue card, a snippet of white card and snippets of paper from the Forever Friends 'Best of British' paper pad - die cut with a smaller die from the same hexagon set as the image
- right hand corners were cut on a slant and then some red Josy Rose nail heads added
Grinning here, that's about the amount of fence still standing/undamaged in the Playground :) Needless to say, it's going to be weeks before a new one can be erected - the local fencing contractors are quids in right now!
This card is also for Cuttlebug Mania's challenge which is 'All you need is love' - I used my Cuttlebug and a hexagonal set of Spellbinders Nesties.