Here's my little offering for this week, by chance all the snippets were still lying on my desk from when I ran away on holiday:
- A6 champagne pearlescent card with the corners already shaped, had these card blanks for ages - probably from practically when I began card making in earnest
- snippet of matt gold card to die cut the tree using Nesties Pennants set, and also to punch the pot using SU's large oval punch with the base then cut flat
- little snippets of SU 'Real Red' plus more little snippets of dark green card stock for the poinsettias. The dies I used are adorable, made by All Occasions dies the set is called 'Small Poinsettia'. Sizes range from 23mm, 29mm and 38mm in diameter and I used all three sizes. Really sweet little flowers, perfect for Christmas wreaths and small embellishments on cards especially and I love how the petals flick up so well - bought from Joanna Sheen
- the pot looked a bit bare so I used the teeniest left over green snippet to die cut a little holly sprig using part of Cheery Lyn's 'Holly Flourish' die
- matt gold Josy Rose nail heads in the centres of the flowers
- no sentiment 'cos there wasn't room without throwing it out of balance, IMHO
A very quick scamper through some picks of the week, and this week seemed to be the toughest yet - each entry was absolutely beautiful of course so these are snippets ideas that caught my eye and might give you inspiration.
Sorry it was a quick scamper, I truly could have mentioned many, many more but then this would be a marathon again as it was back in the days when I used to link every single card in the Playground write-up. There is soooo much inspiration from you lovely girlies - thank you for playing along and I hope you too find inspiration from one another.
OK, it's time for the draw for that Penny Black stamp called 'You Make Me Bob' (am sure that really ought to be Bop though!
And the winner is:
At the same time, I'll be posting the moldable stamps to Hazel and the Grand Merry Christmas die to Cornelia - once the forecast storm passes. Apparently we're due to be hit quite hard - Len is tying the Playground swings up as I type :)
And for this coming week there was (as so often, but not always) a clue in the snippets card I made. It's a poinsettia die set the same as the one I used, plus a darling Lawn Fawn stamp called 'Winter Bunny', which Carol L sent me for the toy box a little while back :) This is getting to be like the 'Carol L Show' this week :)
We're back to normal closing time in the Playground again! The Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 2nd November and the gates will open again at midnight UK time on the Saturday as usual. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize this week, as shown above. In fact, you might want to play for only one part of the prize - both items do constitute one prize but if there's only one thing you'd use please do say in a comment and I'd just draw again for the second item as well.
Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.
Have a lovely week!
Di (and Parsnip who is fully recovered from the partying!)