Sunday 6 October 2013

Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 93

My snippets card for this week literally came about when I stumbled across a little cello bag containing an image, sentiment and snippets all ready for a Christmas card that I didn't get round to making last year:
I used:

 - 6" x 6" square white card blank

- papers from the cello bag, one large snippet for the background and four smaller ones as a sort of diamond patchwork. I think the papers are 'Nitwits' and originally came free with a magazine

- the wreath is by Penny Black called 'Adornment'. No idea what colour I used to stamp it, ha, just checked my stamp colour swatches and it's Brilliance 'Pearlescent Crimson'

- the sentiment is by Craftwork Cards, a circular one which fits nicely in the centre of the wreath

- a few clear sparkly gems to finish off

A huge sigh here at managing to make such a quick card for today too :)

A quick scamper through my picks of the week:
Love this card by Bonnie - so fresh and just perfect for Christmas!
This card by Jenny L is absolutely adorable - perfect for a newborn baby girl!

This just blew me away - and there's a secret when you pull the flowers up too. Made by Sam along with other similar ones - do go and see.

Sorry it's such a quick race through this week girls - I loved each and every one of your snippets makes.

And now for the prize draw, those really cute House Mouse stamps. And the winner is:
Well done Amanda! I managed to find your snail mail address and the stamps are already on their way - I posted them yesterday afternoon after the Playground closed and I ran Mr Random. Almost met myself coming back! You didn't actually say whether or not you really wanted them but having looked through your blog I did spot at least one House Mouse stamp being used, and these will be a doddle for you with your super colouring skills :)

Our Playground prize this week has nothing whatsoever to do with my snippets card - here's a hint though:
Elizabeth made this fabulous card for the Playground this week, along with several others, using new and very exciting toys :) See the background of the sentiment? It was made using these:
Elizabeth explains it all so well over on her blog so do go and peek. Basically you heat the moldable stamps and then can make your own reverse image stamps using all sort of things, buttons. nuts and bolts - the list goes on!

We have a packet of these as this week's prize - yay!

The 'stamps' are re-usable, just reheat for them to return to their original shape  so you can have hours of fun. They are as light as a feather so I'll happily post to anywhere - but as I'll be away they wouldn't be posted until after I return home of course.

A slight temporary change to Playground closing times due to the time difference too. The Playground gates will close at 2am UK time on Saturday 12th October. That gives me a fighting chance of writing up the Playground during the day in between cocktails) in time for the gates opening again at midnight as usual. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize this week, as shown above.

Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

One final thing girls, thank you all so much for your input about what we should call the Playground in future. It came across that we ought to drop the 'Crafty' for sure. I was happy with Snippets Playground and am fully supportive of us never dropping 'Snippets', but was also very touched by how many of you wanted a reference to Pixie to remain.

So how about this as the best compromise I've picked up from all your comments? If you want to use the full name of Pixie's Snippets Playground then that's fine, for ease you may want to shorten it to the Snippets Playground or even PSP as some people very cleverly suggested. After all, we all know that LIM is the Less is More challenge - today the Playground, tomorrow we conquer the world girls! Cue music from the St. Trinians films :)

Have a lovely week!

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)
x

33 comments:

  1. Wow! There is some fabulous talent in the Playground Miss. Wow! Of course you are included in that!
    Have a great trip and well done Amanda on your win. I am not jealous at all!!
    Hugs and have a great trip. We will look after Parship and make sure he is kept out of mischief while you are on your Teacher Training!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking me and my owl bag,am very touched :-)
    Congrats to Amanda and know I need that wreath stamp on your lovely card Di.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Di just love the Wreath and the colours used too, congrats to Amanda enjoy your lovely prize and great choice of showcase cards too Di take care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di, love the colours on your card and the gorgeous wreath stamp, just beautiful. Congrats to all the showcased cards, thankyou for the tons of fab inspiration:)

    I'm happy just to play for fun this week Di, so no thankyou to the magic foam, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made that wreath come to life with those silver dots - beautiful! Cute baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that beautiful wreath. I am thinking I have that stamp and need to look for it now. I really like how you used those clear gemstones to give it sparkle.

    Great featured cards this week...beautiful work by these crafters. Congrats to Amanda for the win and Elizabeth's card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, some really beautiful picks again this week Miss.
    Sorry I couldn't manage to pop around and visit everyone's blogs, will try harder this week Miss!
    I love your snippet card, the image behind the sentiment is stunning, such glorious and gorgeous colours.
    Fanks ever so Miss and give Parsnip a hug from me xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card Di sorry I haven't been around but hubster had to have his new battery put in..that doesn't sound right does it ?? LOL huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Di, just popping buy to compliment your snippets card. It's very striking and loving that swirly circle stamp in the centre. Great for Christmas. I've posted my entry for this week. Hope all well and have a good week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Miss Di

    Loving your snippet card .. .. that circular sentiment in the centre of your wreath is just perfect.

    That cello bag was a great find!!!

    Hope you have a great time away. Try not to worry about us little mischief makers too much!!

    Great "show and tells" and congrats on your win Amanda!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Di, a beautiful card, love the wreath. Wonderful "show and tells". Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your snippets card and the colour. Brilliant card.

    Well done to the pick of the weeks.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di,
    wright back from work
    your card is gorgeous
    love it so much
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Di,It's amazing what we find hidden away in those cello bags isn't it? Lovely card-I like that stamp very much,and it sits perfectly on your lovely background.
    Hugs,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Di - lovely chrissy wreath - the card looks fab!! Linking up with entry #1 and hope to be back again soon - I do so love the playground... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful PB Miss, always liked that one. Incredible picks too, I think you'll soon be closing your eyes and throwing a dart to pick them, they're all so lovely. I made you a pink card this week Miss, hope you likes. I'll say no to the prize this week, bet Sam would love to use those!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness I just came by to see your creation for ths week and saw my name, thank you so much I will be stalking the postie now. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love wreaths and this is such a pretty one! Could of blew me over when I saw my card up in your favorites. There were so many beauties as always. No thanks on the foam. It looks interesting, but probably would sit in a drawer or find it's way into Jack's bucket. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Di, #2 linked up - I forgot to say no thanks to the prize this week when I posted #1 - thanks Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is just lovely with that delicate wreath, and I love the colors and papers you've chosen! And all I can say is WOW to the notables from the playground this week! Nice work ladies - your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet Christmas card, and the gallery from playmates has some lovely pics.
    No thanks on the prize for this week - I use funky foam to do the same thing!
    Hope you're enJoying your training!
    Hugs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Di, lovely card - like the rhinestone embellishment on the wreath, nice touch, and the paper patchwork is beautiful ... definitely a happy find in a cello bag. I have a few of these tucked away, awaiting time, inclination and inspiration :)

    As usual your choice for the showcase is fabulous - so many talented snippets crafters, it's inspiring :)

    Congratulations to Amanda - those House Mouse stamps are gorgeous.

    I'm sure one lucky person is going to have as much fun trying out the mouldable foam as much as I have. I think Mrs A and I have a bit more than snippets in common :) I don't think I need to say this, but count me out for the draw this week :)

    Have a great trip and a fabulous holiday. The EM is trying to puzzle out where you could be going that is 6000 miles away ... he could be some time :))

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not sure if I trust Hettie, Mrs A et al not to lead Parsnip into mischief!

    I have been a muppet and forgot to link up the card I had scheduled for yesterday. Finally remembered today, doh!

    Fabulous showcase of talent as always. I always love loitering in the playground for inspiration. Have a fabby holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Di,
    thank you soooooo! much for featuring my card again.
    There were many fabulous creations entered so I am a very Happy Bunny.
    Here is my entry for this week.
    Thank you for a wonderful challenge, and getting me using up my snippets.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Lots of love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Di, I am back - there is hardly a card where I don't use snippets - I hope you don't get sick and tired of my entries... Have a great day! Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  26. I had to giggle, I too am finding things that for whatever reason didn't get completed or in some cases even begun in 2012. You did good! Love your choices for this week. I think I'm in a Christmas state of mind because I love Bonnie's card. I may just have to "borrow" that idea. What kind of candy does Parsnips like? Just askin mind you....not that we'd give Parsnips even one little bite. I know Mrs. A. will back me up on that! Enjoy your time away and no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Will be back to catch up on missed posts and commenting once home tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh, my first time here - recommended by Sandra
    Thanks for letting me play :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this wonderful wreath...especially with those pretty gems on it...It is a gem of a card!!!

    You picked some wonderful cards to hilite this week...Congrats Amanada.

    I will say no thanks this week Di...my room is bursting at the seams!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How VERY remiss of me . . . not leaving you a comment until today! I soz!

    That festive make is gorgeous in that wonderful rich burgundy colour. Great image too.

    Off to check out some of the entries now.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Phew-ie,Im puffed out,I ran all the way over here 'cos I just read that the gates are closing at 2am-eeek! I wanted to bring Jeremy(Fisher) for a play in the pond and I almost left it too late.
    Hugs,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. If Nessa hadn't given me a lift wouldn't have made it in time neither. There's no way Im climbing over the gates tonight!
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.