Sunday 20 October 2013

Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 95

My snippets card for this week was brought on holiday for Len - he laughed out loud when he opened it the other day so I guess that makes it a hit:
I used:

- 5" x 7" white card blank

- snippets of SU 'Real Red' card

- a snippet of brown dotty paper which I found tucked inside the LOTV 'Country Gent' paper pad

- Penny Black stamp called 'You Make Me Bob', coloured with Pro Markers and some black musical peel off stickers added

- sentiment was printed using straightforward word processing

- black Josy Rose nail heads

As it's 'Anything Goes' over at Penny Black and More this month, I'd like to link in this card. Totally unplanned and just a happy coincidence, I'm missing playing in some of my favourite challenges right now.

And a scamper through some of this week's cards from the Playground:
My first pick this week is Kay's lovely floral card. What really jumped out at me is the way she took the flowers down the curved edge, and also hand cut the edges of flowers which had been stamped underneath, directly onto the card. A super idea!
I love this card made by Elizabeth, especially as she really should be packing to move house right now but is still hopping into the Playground :) Love the great background, topped with the star burst sunrise and then the scarecrow etc. in the foreground.
A super card by Sue J who really went to town and used up loads of snippets to make the patchwork background. It all tones beautifully together - if I tried that you'd think a couple of dogs had been fighting in the snippets folder!
This Halloween card by Mary H is such fun - and a lot of work, and snippets went into making it.
You really do need to see this fabulous Autumn Wreath/Garland, made by Karen P, it's gorgeous. For a better look do click on the link, plus Karen gave us some tips and hints as to how she made it.
And our Sam squeezed in under the gates with this fabulous album for her friend Kim who was visiting, to put her holiday memories in. Tons of snippets used and it's lovely Sam!

We have two new playmates this week, yay!
First of all we were joined by Sharon (Hudson) who brought a terrific card with an acetate 'bow front'. One to try once I'm back home for sure!
AJ (ArtJypsy) also found her way into the Playground with this lovely card shown above. Great use of snippets, I don't know how you found us but you're very welcome!

Hope you come back and play often girls :)

The winner of the Memory Box 'Grand Merry Christmas' die is:


I know that lots of you already have this fabulous die, which cut down the odds a bit :) But, Cornelia was drawn straight away by Mr Random and from her comment my guess is that she'll be a happy bunny! Well done Cornelia, can you please drop me an email with your snail mail address in and I'll post the die off to you once we're back home (di_wray@hotmail.com).

Our little prize for this week is the Penny Black 'You Make Me Bob' stamp, another one the same as I used today:


We're not quite back to normal closing time in the Playground as I'll be back home next weekend but will be severely jet lagged 'cos it always hits me hard. I propose to keep the Playground open for a day longer to give me time to recover so the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Sunday 27th October. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the Sunday. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize this week, as shown above.

Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Have a lovely week!

Di (and a twitch from Parsnip, who is sleeping off a hangover for some unknown reason, no doubt he'll 'snitch' on you when I get home)

x

38 comments:

  1. Can't believe I am first...I am actually late for last week...lol

    Hope you are having lots of fun Di...we have all been TRYING to keep an eye on Parsnip...but I think you need to get a Nanny next vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! This image and your card is so darling!! Love it!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them PB hoggies - so cute! Thank you very, very much for the shout out Miss, it's made my day! I hope to be around a bit more soon. Enjoy the rest of your holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for highlighting me Di, really boosts my confidence and funny enough my snippets cards are my faves at the moment :-)
    Hope you having a super time with Len and I loved your card, it made me smile too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card for Len - you guys must have soooo much fun together - oh I didn't make last week at all!! But Have posted #1 this time LOL - no thank you to the prize this week - hugs Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so adorable...it made me break into a huge smile! Such a cute, adorable image.
    Hope the vacation is going well. I am really enjoying your photos as we have never been there and I find it fun to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder your card was a hit with Len, it's great. Sorry I've not been visiting the playground but I hope to be back soon - I'm missing all the playmates x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card (love that image) and sentiment for Len's birthday. Just right - and SOOOO true!

    I'm typing quietly due to Parsnip's hangover! Shhh!

    Playing just for fun, so will say "no thanks" to the prize Di.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. All cards are stunning ladyes
    hugs to all expecialy to you Di
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those hedgies are so stinkin' cute! Great birthday card for your hubster too!! Congrats to all the notables and the lucky winner of that great die!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've selected some fab cards here and of course your card to Len is so much fun. No wonder he laughed, fab sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must have been more tired than I realised last night. That image and the sentiment - stonkingly fabulous! I've just put in my first entry for this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are having lots of fun Di - you are missing lots of the wet stuff here, lol. The card you made for hubby made me smile - gorgeous make. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry, forgot to say no thanks to the super prize x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Di, well first of all - your card is absolutely hilarious - made me laugh too! and then THANK YOU soooo much, I couldn't believe you picked me! What a pleasant surprise - that die is wonderful! I will put it to good use. I'll email you my address. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Di, Just entering this weeks challenge and thought I'd check in to see how your holiday is going. Photos look terrific. Love your Hedgehog card and hmmm that would be a nice stamp to have. Congrats to Cornelia on the win. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bwahahahahaa! Love this card.
    Lovely to see newbies in the Playground! I hope last night's party doesn't stop them from coming again and that Parsnip didn't misbehave too badly! Oops!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, great card for Len, can't beat a PB, so I used one too! Love all the highlighted cards this week, don't know how you can pick a few, they're all great. Don't think Parsnip is going to be in any fit state to snitch on anybody for quite a while.... and by the time he is, he will have forgotten anyhow!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a perfect card for Mr. Len. Loved the image, even better loved the sentiment. The picture you posted of him, makes me think he'd be the absolute greatest person for this sentiment (I have one just like him I think! It's lovely that we more 'serious' types have somebody to keep us smiling, huh?). Loved the card. Hope ya'll can rest up when you get back home. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card and perfect image.
    Thanks for sharing with us t Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just love Len's card, fabulous stamp and a very well put together card, colouring is really great, the one thing about hedgies is the colouring but a fine job.
    Great choices in the Playground showcase once again, some fab cards.
    Also got my second image for LCI challenge and I love it!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found you through another blog -forget which one now, but I am glad I did. I have so many 'snippets' lying around I could go at least 2 months without cutting new DP's Thanks for selecting mine to show off :) among the other wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks fr the tip to level my stickers...by the time i thought of it, the little bu**ers were already stuck down! I tried to lift them but looked like they might tear! I have a whole package of them and plan to make 6 similar cards so will use the tip on the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Miss(and Parsnip!) I have stopped by the Playground to let teddy play with Parsnip for a while :)I brought a snippety flower card (not as pretty as the real flower in your hair though!)-I am only playing for fun though this time thank you because gorgeous as the little Hodgehegs stamp is I can't colour!
    Hugs,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay, I'm back at the Playground!! I've missed you Miss Di and all my playmates!!

    I can see why Len LOL when he got his funny card! Perfect! It sounds like you are having a wonderful vacation!!

    Beautiful highlights, too! No thank you on another fabulous prize.

    Now where is that pig? I've got some lovely ribbon for the pigtail!!Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so glad you're enjoying your trip and so impressed that you are keeping an eye on the playground at the same time! Love your little hedgies, but don't think I'd do get them colored up so no thanks. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooo what a fabulous stamp and a great sentiment too - i'll have to put this stamp to put on my wishlist, as i don't have it at the moment.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month and good luck, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super card, Di, love the sentiment and the cute hedgie stamp is always a winner. Another superb showcase ... many thanks for showcasing my scarecrow card - I guess it's the nearest I'll ever get to a Halloween theme and hardly scary :)

    Congratulations to Cornelia, I'm certain she is going to enjoy creating with that wonderful die.

    Crafting time is still very limited - though I can see light at the end of the tunnel of boxes at last - but I still have the snippet box under my desk for the odd ten minute crafting session ... there's no keeping a dedicated crafter away :))

    Hugs
    Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a sweet card. Love the little Hedgehogs. Wish we had them here. I'm sure you impress Len on a daily basis....what a crafty gal you are.

    Congrats to Cornelia. That's a great die....

    Sandra hung a sign on the gate, whispering mandatory. Seems "someone" has a head ache.

    The highlighted cards are again...beautiful. Crafty folk you know....

    LATER...oops, I mean later! Shhhhh!

    Hugs...Me

    ReplyDelete
  30. great card, but poor Parsnip is so NOT up to bouncing!

    Glad you're enjoying your hollybobs!

    Hugs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Miss Di

    Hope you are having a really good break.

    Sorry for being a "no show" last week. I bet you thought I had run out of snippets LOL!!!

    I love your card for Len. Snap on the stamp front. I used that on a card that went to my Son a couple of week ago.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like you've had a wonderful time over there Di, the place where you were staying looks fab! I'm just happy to play along this week, so no thank you to the prize, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Di,
    Love your hedgie card - very cute!

    Hope that you had a fabulous time on your travels.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Because it is open a little later today I managed to get a third entry in - yay!
    I hope to pop back later to check everyone's beautiful creations.
    Take it easy this weekend - the washing and chores can wait whilst you both adjust to our natural time stuff lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Came in over the back fence.... Parsnip has ice pack on his hangover head as he knows 'Miss' is back...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Di - so glad Mr Linky stayed open a bit longer - my 3rd card took a fair bit of thinking time this week - Hugs Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Phew. Made it just in time. Drat just dropped my hot water bottle in a puddle. Gotta get back home before the winds get worse. The Doc has battened down the hatches and we are like a fortress. No thanky you to the prize cos I just only recently won. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh, this is such a fun and cute card! Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at Penny Black and more.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.