Saturday 5 October 2013

A little set of floral cards..............

........made to tuck in with the Snippets Playground prizes:

 I used:

- small DL white card blanks

- lots of snippets of card and paper

- rub on flowers which I stumbled across whilst sorting out goodies to send to the Care Home where my step-mum lives, for their weekly card making sessions. Oh boy, I got these AGES ago from QVC and the pad hadn't even been opened - seven different A5 sheets with each one having a load of the same flower in different sizes and they really are lovely - sort of raised epoxy. I went on the hunt to find some as a Playground prize and sadly the company has gone into liquidation - they're designed by Tracy Hollins, called 'The Elegance Collection Textured Floral Rub-ons', made by 'Creata'. If you ever do stumble across any on eBay or wherever, I promise you wouldn't be in the least bit disappointed

- sentiments were stamped using a stamp from my much loved Stampendous 'Happy Messages' set and different ink pads to tone with the cards. SU punches were used to punch out the sentiments and the backing layers

To show you how lovely the rub-ons are:
Love, love, love them and can see me having a little go at trying out one on a laminated bookmark sometime soon.

Sorry for showing something no longer available - such a shame too :(

Nessa has already seen one of these in real life as it went along with her snippets prize and she even showed it on her blog, but this is the first time I've written about them so I'm joining in  her new challenge called Fabulous Floral 5th. All you have to do is to have a flower on your card - and we all do that at some point I know for sure!

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. I have my one on my desk Miss and it really is a beauty. Thanky yoooo.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty, and have made a lovely set of cards.Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvelous treat to run across these forgotten beauties in your schtuff! They are gorgeous, Di, and so beautifully showcased on your cards!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty and will make perfect Pixie mail card!!! lol

    Will check out Nessa's once home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, sweet cards
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Di. I bought these as well from QVC! I've used quite a few on some long tall card blanks (from QVC as well) to give to local charity shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards!¸.•°✿✿⊱彡

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely lovely cards Di. Just the ticket.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely set, Di! I have never used rub-ons, maybe I should...
    Just missed the deadline for the last Snippets challenge by 1.5 hours.... too bad

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so lovely, and lucky you, finding these in your stash. And lucky winner, who receives them. Never heard of them myself, but I learn all kinds of fascinating stuff hanging round this Playground! I'm trying to do some visitin' this morning, (dawdling over cleaning the DD's floors which I promised I would do for her today). So happy Saturday, and many hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful collection Di,
    love your flower cards
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fab little cards! The flowers are gorgeous, what a shame that the company has folded.

    I hope your weekend is going well.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Di. I too will join in Nessa's challenge. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Di-Ooh,I hope I did't spoil this post for you by blabbing about my luffly yellow Freesia card before you put it on here? Ooopsie-Sorree Miss :)
    I will write out 100 times...I must not show cards before the teacher tells me too...I must not show cards...
    LOL!
    Thank you so much for playing in my Fabulous Floral 5th competition-these are all gorgeous-especially the yellow one 'cos it's mine :)and we will all be keeping our eyes peeled now to find a dusty packet of these lurking somewhere!
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Di,
    missed these beauties as I was not able to blog for 24 hours.
    So glad I spotted them they are very lovely. Great colours.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend.
    Lots of crafty love Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.