Thursday 20 July 2023

Allsorts Challenge Week 737

Lately, the majority of my cards have been made for the Snippets Playground - however, I took a little bit of time out to whip up a swift entry for the current challenge over at Allsorts - HERE. There's a mood board or you can opt for 'Anything Goes':

The poppy at the bottom of the mood board caught my eye so this card was inspired by the shape and colour of the flower head - otherwise it's 'anything goes':


I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening

- whilst I would LOVE to say that I coloured the background myself, it's a cheat - comes from an Altenew paper pad called 'Enchanting Washes'

- I picked where I wanted to stamp the image and used a double set of AALL & Create's stamps called 'Nature's Angels', along with a VerfsaFine Clair 'Nocturne' ink pad and the Misti

- then die cut the stamped piece using an unbranded die with pretty lace-like scalloped edges

- glued the die cut image panel onto the card front - then added three Memory Box clear 'raindrop' gems as a finishing touch, quick and easy!

Although it was just a gentle dip of the toe into the water - I absolutely love how AALL & Create stamps are so full of interest and variety - ALL in the one stamp!  Dumbo here really had no idea just how much they cram into a single stamp. They stamp beautifully - and of course our Brenda over, at Allsorts and her own blog Floral Fantasies, is a true expert in using, as well as mixing up, these products. It'll be a while before I create my own backgrounds and also add extra touches - but for now I'm happy to still have the slightly CAS fresh look about my results. Those who know me well will be well aware that my teeth begin to itch once crafting begins to get 'messy'. Shame, as I do miss out on a lot but there you are - that's just me. 

I'd like to enter this into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #52 HERE. Paper pad, stamp and also the set of pretty scalloped edge dies were all having a first outing.




13 comments:

  1. Well done, great card, and you’ve used some new stuff. Maybe one day we’ll get you messy 😃 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased the mood board offered inspiration Di and love what you have created. I would say your approach proves just how versatile A&C stamps are. That's a pretty good inky background as well and your teeth survived (but maybe why I spend so much time at the dentist!).

    Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card made with some new goodies. Beautiful stamp and gorgeous die cutting of the smashing background paper xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - this is amazing Di - a great result, and yes, those AALL &Create stamps are amazing
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing card, love so much the stamp you used and the fabulous frame that enhances the beautiful paper! These warm blended colours are just perfect for the hot of these days. And you are right, Brenda is a very skilled expert!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card - the poppy was the thing which caught my attention on the mood board too but so far I've not taken it further. Why make your teeth itch when you can get marvellous backgrounds like this ready-made. I've yet to dip into A&C stamps but wouldn't be surprised if one (or more) find their way into my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty with that gorgeous stamp and pretty colorful background. The fancy edges of that die cut just add to the beauty of this card and who wouldn't love this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Di, perfect patterned paper for the beautiful image. I’m with you on ‘messy’…… to be avoided where possible. 🤣 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How could you not join in with that pink mood board Di?! I'm lwith you on the itchy teeth front and I was always told that it's a good thing we're not all alike!! Love the way you brought your own elegant style to this stamp! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done a fabulous job with that gorgeous stamp Di and I am so pleased you took inspiration from the Mood Board this week at Allsorts, and B of course!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely card Di the colour of course Pink is gorgeous and l love the poppies so beautifully put together x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card Di - the stamp is beautiful and the coloured paper background too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty look stamping the beautiful flowers onto dp Di, and the ornate rectangular mat is delightful. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.