I wanted to send a card to a friend and, when I won a prize over in one of her challenges recently, it was perfect timing! It's to say 'Thanks' both for the prize and also for her generosity with prizes for the Snippets Playground toy box.
As often happens - I hit problems along the way - but I do include how I 'fixed' them below:
I wonder if this is familiar? For a long time the recipient, Brenda of 'Floral Fantasies' had dancing poppies as her blog header - and this card was made, using my prize from Allsorts, with that happy image in mind.
- 5.5" x 4.25" white linen card, side opening
- snippet of the same card to cut the 'frame' using a die from a NBUS set of dies by MFT called 'Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame' and set it to one side for later
- then, the fun began. My lovely prize from Allsorts was an IndigoBlu stamp called 'Wild Flowers' - which I adore. I stamped it using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink onto a carefully selected and very lovely gently coloured rainbow piece of paper from a paper pad by Honey Bee called 'Team Tie Dye'. Sigh, and then I got a smudge of ink just a bit above the image, even using the Misti. Totally my own fault!
- having got that far I plodded on and dug out another co-ordinating piece of paper from the same paper pack, which luckily uses the same shade of yellow, to use for the upper part of the card
- fussy cut around the top of my stamped image then glued it below the upper background piece
- used a red Pro marker to colour in the poppies
- stamped the sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and a stamp from the Sweet Dixie set called 'Big Sentiments'
- cut the image panel to the size I wanted and then glued the image onto the back of the 'frame'
- then just glued the image, already glued within the frame, onto the card front onto the card front (don't that sound easy?!)
- final touch - some of Lucy's Little Things 'Raindrop' gems
I'd been hunting for some stitched rectangle frames with the smaller scallops for ages! Talk about doing a full scale search of the internet.
I'd like to enter this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #38 for May. A first outing for the frame dies.
Also, at 'We Love Stamping' Challenge for May (For a lady or girl).
And, also over at 'Stamping Sensations' Challenge for May (AG with the option of floral and fauna)
Phew, three challenges once again. The Playground always comes first but it's so good to have the time to play more - thanks to Sarn!
And, speaking of Sarn - remember to hop over to the Playground to see her post for today, with the picks and also the result of the prize draw - HERE.
Dudley has been pretty well behaved this week. He's very interested in anything that needs to be unpacked or opened. It's a bit like having a doggy quality control inspector in the house!
As always, his beloved Honka Duck is never very far away from him:
I was bending down in front of him to take this photo. Dudley was in a world of his own, spreadeagled on the floor with Honka in his mouth. His eyes were half open but even when I asked nicely, he wasn't gonna look up and say 'Hello'. Sorry 'bout that!
Ha - just wait until he has to pose nicely wearing his Jubilee bandana in a couple of weeks time. I know, ain't gonna happen knowing Dudley Dog!
Other plans are under way and Sarn has already come up with a suggestion for a special cocktail for the occasion - hic!