Once again, quite mixed weather here - it's pleasantly warm but not unbearably hot. Plus we've had some pretty spectacular downpours, along with hailstones at times. I always remember my Mum telling me that when she and my Dad lived in India, it wasn't unknown for them to have hailstones the size of mothballs! To clarify for anyone who might misunderstand - mothball were used in the 'olden days' to basically keep moths out of clothing and linen - about the size of a large marble and they ponged of some sort of camphor. My granny always had that faint whiff of mothballs about her when wearing her 'Sunday best' for an outing. She was almost Victorian in many ways - always, but always, wore a severe black hat to go out, even to the corner shop .......... as well as to the beach! Little black lace-up boots or shoes, thick stockings, hat pin holding hat firmly in place and more often than not a black tailored coat. Memories - I do so wish I could have bottled some of my granny's soft cuddles and her sweetness.
Anyhow, that's away from why you're here. I posted my snippets card on this blog back in April. It's an Easter card but the timing wasn't right for folk to receive the prize in time to use if for Easter, so I bypassed offering the prizes I had waiting - but here it is now:
- 5.5" x 4.25" rose pink card blank, side opening
- piece of patterned paper from a DecoTime paper pad, the papers are slightly 'flittered' and do catch the light very prettily
- trimmed the patterned paper and glued it to the card front
- stamped the image using the Misti, Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and the Stamping Bella 'Oddball Easter Bunny' stamp
- coloured the bunny with Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils, picking up some of the colours from the backing paper
- stamped the sentiment using a sweet little stamp from 'Stamping All Day', the Misti and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- popped the image onto a snippet of olive green card, same as in the backing paper and then glued the panel onto the card front - finished
I used just the one snippet on my card, for the backing behind the image.
And here's the prize(s)
on offer - not one but three chances to win one of these stamps:
As always, the Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks
and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 21st August.
The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same
It's a maximum of ONE entry, please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Remember - there are three chances as I have three stamps here! Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.