Here's my card, which I managed to whip up quickly yesterday, still bearing in mind your lovely comments about possibly not doing sample cards - which I might still use as a fall back:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- selected a snippet of paper from those tucked into the back of the Dovecrafts Modern 'Back to Basics Christmas' set of papers, and spied a snippet of SU 'Real Red' card to one side of the desk waiting to be put into the snippets folder so I also used that - didn't trim the paper or card stock but used them at first to match the Pro markers I wanted to use to colour the image
- then stamped a reindeer from the Clearly Besotted 'Jingle Bells' set of stamps, using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- coloured with Pro markers and then die cut using the matching 'Jingle Bells' die
- at that point I could decide where the sentiment from the same set would go - stamped that using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- then trimmed the paper and red card so I had a little red border on one edge and stuck them together using a small tape runner
- then stuck the borders onto the card front, trimming off the overlap at top and bottom once they were adhered
- finally, glued the reindeer in place using a glue pen - finished!
There I was wishing we had some sunlight to take photos - we had it at last and my camera didn't like it much as the colours and the sentiment look rather bleached. Hey, ho!
And here's prize I in the Grand Draw:
It's Clearly Besotted's 'Jingle Bells' stamps and matching die - and there are three to be won!
I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes using the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE along with details of exactly how to join in - so you do need to have entered one snippets make over on that post during this fortnight to be in with a chance :) Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not have time to craft. Mr Linky closes at 11am on Saturday 4th January so you do need to have added a snippets make by then to be eligible for the draw.
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize.
It's New Year's Eve tomorrow - we'll be having a quiet time and hoping that the idiots up the road don't let off a barrage of fireworks once again. Dudley grew out of his spell of wanting to sleep wearing his onesie at night but we'll keep one handy as it does seem to soothe him much like a thunder shirt.
He's such a funny little character. He has an evening ritual where he gallops up to his toy box on the landing around 9pm or thereafter and brings 'Stinky Monkey the Third' down for a good wash. Tonight he then galloped back up and brought down part of a deer antler we bought him ages ago. Chewed on that, raised an eyebrow at 'The Trial of Christine Keeler' on the TV - and galloped back up again. By this time Len was in the bathroom getting ready for bed so he didn't see that Dudley had been having a rummage in my waste bin in the craft room and had then brought down part of a torn up envelope for me to admire - and remove from him! Next thing I know, Len wanders down with a handful of pieces of the same envelopes asking what was going on. The little tinker had been laying a paper trail we reckon. Another one of those moments when you look at one another, then at the culprit, then at one another again and just give a wry smile - not a single word was needed!
Love from Parsnip, Dudley and of course me,