- 5.75" x 5.75" square white card blank, side opening
- then, using the Misti, I first stamped the reindeer using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and Impression Obsession's 'Reindeer - F10007' stamp
- as the stamp is red rubber backed with cling mount (still think red rubber is so good for first time crisp images) I'd had to remove the foam inset from the Misti so I then popped it back in for the next stamp I used, which is a clear one from the Do-crafts Papermania 'Traditional Sentiments' stamp set - again with Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- the stamping looked very dark on the sentiment, but comfort and time weren't on my side so I toned it down a bit using clear Wink of Stella
- then coloured the reindeer using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils plus a Signo sparkly silver pen for the antlers, stars and outlines
- final touch was to run an embossing tool round each side using my Scor-Pal
But, I was struggling with this dratted shoulder and some sweet person actually said in a comment, 'don't worry if you can't make the samples' and I did so appreciate that recognition as it hadn't crossed my mind as a 'Last Stand Saloon' solution - and that actually might happen with one or two of my future prize posts. We shall see though, I'm not a quitter :) Ha, I moved a linen basket of folded washing ready to iron today and that told me off a bit! Note, I only moved it folks!
And so, today's prize is (sorry, I'd forgotten to add this photo when I originally scheduled the post):
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize.
And can I also remind you please that you must use one or more snippets on your entry for the challenge.
I've just spent a good while going through your entries, as well as all of of your comments so far - jotting down potential 'picks' and also reading every single word of your lovely comments. I love to read your anecdotes and snippets of news. Remember girls, it's YOU who make this Playground happen - if it's really in your heart then you know just what I mean.
I've been a bit saddened that a few 'wild card' entries don't even make the effort to use a single snippet, lovely as they might be - I will exclude those during the draw. Our one rule IS to use at least one snippet ......... and mention it in your post so it's clearly a snippet you've used please.
Finally - did you know that Havanese dogs dance on their hind legs for treats? Dudley is utterly enchanting when he does it - he even does a good impression of a Rudolf Nureyev pirouette. Bichons do, so why not their Cuban cousins? If he starts to wear high heeled Cuban boots for the performance we'll be seriously worried! He could be on the way I fear - all of Christmas, during the day but not at night, he's trotted quite happily around wearing a Christmas bandana that Santa left for him! With a rather 'camp' flourish!
Love from Parsnip, Dudley and of course me,