- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- a layer of sparkly silver card as a frame, glued in place
- a snippet of white card, trimmed just an eighth of an inch smaller all round to go on top of the sparkly silver layer of card
- before gluing the white layer in place I stamped a sentiment using a stamp from the Creative Expressions 'Festive Traditions - Sentiments' set and a Memento 'Gray Flannel ink pad (it's softer than black for this particular card without resorting to silver)
- then glued the white panel onto the sparkly silver one
- for the bauble I used a lovely set of dies from The Works called 'Bauble 2 piece' - first of all cutting a solid shape from a snippet of silver mirri card
- then I used both dies together to cut the pretty top layer from a snippet of XCut 'Adhesive Glitter Sheets - Pastels'.
- snipped the top part of the bauble from the glitter layer before placing it onto the plain solid silver mirri card bauble, turned it over and pressed/rubbed the two layers together with the flat of my hand. Didn't want to run it through the Cuttlebug in case I lost the bit of embossing on the silver piece at the top of the bauble
- then just glued the bauble in place and that was one of four card done - I made three others at the same time using different coloured snippets from the same pack of XCut glitter sheets. This one in turquoise as well as one lilac, one pink and one green.
As I already said, in real life this card sparkles so beautifully - I'm typing this late in the evening before Christmas gets under way and under just the light from a single desk lamp it really does look very pretty, which leads us into today's prize:
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize. And a reminder that I won't be splitting this prize - but of course you can still play and give away what you don't want to a friend at your end!
Edit: Hope you all had a lovely day yesterday and that Santa was good to you. Our little Dudley was the focus of attention and presents here - so much so that Santa had to bring him a really cute Doggie Toy Box as well! Phew, at least that should reduce the risk of breaking an ankle stepping on one of his less squishy toys! Parsnip played Master of Ceremonies and handed Dudley's presents to him one by one ............. before carefully disposing of the wrappings! Having said that, we've kept a few items back for fear of overloading him with too much at once so he'll get a few more over the coming days. The star of the show for him is an Armadillo made of plush material and cord - which instead of squeaking emits a sort of loud grunt. It's absolutely brilliant! And, after we'd eaten and had settled down to watch a bit of TV - Dudley carefully brought each new toy one by one to show me and then trotted back with it to collect another one and do the same all over again. Almost as if he was saying a thank you! Bless him, he's shattered and right now is fast asleep - we're not far behind him either!
Keep checking for more prizes!