As I already said in a previous post, one of our 'partners in crime' (Moira) couldn't make our school reunion - this is the card I sent off to her so it would arrive when the event kicked off. And we did miss her very much needless to say:
- 4" x 6" cream card blank (I reverted to our A6 measurement as, according to the image panel, plus sentiment, it actually looked more balanced)
- a Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'romance of flowers' sheet - adhered to a snippet of card and then die cut using a Spellbinders oval die - ran a ball ended tool around the edge before removing the image from the die itself
- from the same Stickeroo sheet I then added a separate butterfly sticker
- die cut a backing layer using SU's Wisteria Wonder' card and a shallow scalloped Spellbinders die, again ran a ball ended tool around the outer 'grooves' then glued the image to the backing panel
- the sentiment was stamped, using the Misti, VersaFine 'Vintage Sepia' ink and a sentiment from the Penny Black set called 'special thoughts'
- glued the image panel in place and left it at that - used cream and managed four layers, if you count the addition of the butterfly!
I got back home safely yesterday but do need time to catch up on the Snippets
Playground girls! In my absence, Megan stepped forward as our current Guest Designer and offered to make sure she commented on your entries. Bless her heart, I've just begun hopping around your entries and she's been true to her word - thank you so much Megan! What a star.
BTW, I had the colly wobbles about my vastly improved back holding up over the weekend - what with longish car drives, luggage humping, strange bed, clambering about on boats etc. But, so far, all is good! Of course, it might just have helped that this was also the first time I didn't get up on the table and do a can-can followed by a quick swing from a chandelier after the formal Saturday Dinner :)
When I get time I'll pop some photos on a blog post with a couple of tales from recent events - believe me, there are some things at these reunion weekends you really couldn't make up!