This is my snippets card for the week, still on a 'cute' run:
- 5.75" x 5.75" off-white card blank
- snippet of SU's 'Smoky Slate' card stock for the first layer, topped with an 'eighth of an inch all round' smaller square of off-white card stock
- then a snippet of pink patterned card was added, again cut to an 'eighth of an inch smaller all round' than the off-white layer. I love this patterned card, it's been in the snippets folder for ages and the time was finally right to use it
- next I used snippets of SU's 'Smoky Slate' plus tiny snippets of pink, blue and black to die cut the baby elephant and the flowers - using a die set I've been itching to use by Marianne Collectables called 'Eline's Elephant'. I gently edged the body pieces using a finger dauber plus a cotton wool bud for the fiddly parts and a Memento 'London Fog' ink pad
- punched the leaves using a Martha Stewart foliage punch and assembled the little elephant straight onto the card front before adding the flowers/foliage. The Woodware Ultra Fine Tipped glue applicator containing Collall glue was invaluable!
- even used the applicator on the very fine die cut sentiment - which was cut from a snippet of SU's 'Smoky Slate' using a 'New baby' die by Craft Essentials
- finally added self adhesive pearls to the flower centres and then three down the top right hand corner
I totally LOVE this little elephant die set, it's so sweet. It also comes with a decent sized balloon die (1" x 0.75") as part of the set, which would be great to use either with the elephant or on other cards. And of course it's not just for baby cards! Can you tell I'm trying to sell you on this die set? Tee, hee :)
I'd like to enter this card into Happy Little Stampers May Anything Goes With Dies challenge.
Time for this week's 'peek at the picks' and this has been one of the very hardest weeks ever to choose just a few from all your fabulous snippets makes. I had a very long list of possibles and in the end I closed my eyes and stabbed at the list with my pen!
Gosh that was really tough to just have six picks (which is actually double the three I always say I'll show here) and in the interests of still limiting time sat sitting at the desk here I'll stop right there. As always, last week's thumbnails are still there for you to go and have a nose around!
We have one new Playmate this week:
Welcome Jacky and we hope to see you again soon.
Now for the prize draw, for the Penny Black 'gifts for you' stamp plus the sentiment stamp by Inkylicious called 'Some Moments'. And the winner is:
It's been almost seven and a half months since Jane last won, so this prize was well due as well. I still have your address Jane and will post your prize off this week!
This coming week's prize is made up of a couple of items, the same as I used for my snippets card:
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 21st May. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you only want to play for either of the sets of dies, just say so in your comment and if you win then I'll do a further draw for the other item. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Hope you all have a lovely week, hopefully with more sunshine, and I look forward to seeing you in the Playground.
Di and, of course, Parsnip