In an effort to keep on top of the target I set myself (make 12 Christmas cards per month) it was time to resort to a little bit of 'batch baking' so I made a run of four cards exactly the same:
- 4" x 6" white card blank, tent style
- a slightly smaller piece of white card, embossed using a Crafts-Too folder called 'Poinsettia Frame'
- next I made up the little row of trees and set them aside. I used pink card and the Memory Box 'Pine Border Background' die as well as Stick-It backed silver card with the Memory Box 'Pine Border Outline' die for the trees
- was then able to use the die cut row of trees to work out just where the sentiment should be positioned - so far, so good
- I wanted to use a particular sentiment (from the Personal Impressions 'Many Greetings' set) to fill in the top right hand corner of the poinsettia embossed panel and as it was a run of four cards the Misti was going to be invaluable. But, choosing the ink to stamp the sentiment was a nightmare!
- I tried, Delicata silver ink pad (too juicy for the small font and the centres of the letters sort of merged), VersaMark with silver embossing powder (same problems), Memento 'London Fog' ink pad (the grey looked too blue) - then finally SU's 'Smoky Slate'. That worked fine and I didn't push my luck by attempting to clear emboss the sentiment - give up whilst you're finally ahead! On hindsight, perhaps a different sentiment stamp might have been much easier :)
- then I glued the panel to the card front and added the made up row of trees (using Collall glue in a Woodware fine tipped bottle)
- final touch, a shiny silver Josy Rose star shaped nail head on top of the tallest tree
I know I keep banging on about it, but the fine tipped bottles are fantastic - wish I'd bought them sooner.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 281 'Colour - pink'
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge for May 'Anything Goes'
Happy Little Stampers May - 'Anything Goes with Dies'