I made my snippets card for today a whole week ago - go me! I'd been making those little 'Parsnip' bear notelets to tuck in with Playground prizes and had
This is what I came up with using my own set of stamps. The squares look a bit 'on the wonk' but IRL they certainly look straight to me:
- 4" x 5.5" white card blank
- a snippet of SU's 'Primrose Petals' card, trimmed to size and then topped with a slightly smaller snippet of SU's 'Island Indigo' card stock. I'd already picked the inks I wanted to use and was just lucky to find matching snippets!
- a snippet of white card stock, embossed using a Taylored Expressions 'Twirls and Swirls' embossing folder, trimmed to size and then all three layers were added to the front of the card blank. Love this embossing folder, I just bet I originally spotted it on a playmate's blog!
- next stamped six images, plus a couple of words from the set, onto the snippets of white card, using stamps from the clear Inkadinkado 'Flourishes' set (pretty sure this was in a bargain bin in Hobby Lobby when we holidayed in New Mexico!) along with Memento dye ink pads in 'Teal Zeal' and 'Rhubarb Stalk'
- used a SU 1" square punch to punch out the six images
- punched out three 'Primrose Petals' and three 'Island Indigo' squares, using an EK Success 1.25" punch and then mounted the stamped squares onto them - alternating the ink used with the colour of the card
- stuck the squares onto the card front, using thin sticky pads. It's easiest to stick the four corner squares down first and then finally add the last two squares to the middle of the card. That allows you to centralise the top/bottoms of the last two squares so that all six look positioned correctly - to a blind man on a galloping horse :)
- final touch, a few small Mei Flower pearls here and there on three of the stamped squares
I'm probably telling you something you already know, but it was news to me until recently and it cleared up a question mark about clear stamps and certain ink pads. My first try at stamping these little inchies (whilst deciding on what colours to use) was done using Stampin' Up ink pads - the results were very blotchy and ended up in the waste bin - in fact I could see the ink 'pooling' on them as I inked up the stamps. I'm a huge fan of Stampin' Up and had previously been perplexed when this happened. But, what I'd read somewhere or other recently was that, if you use clear stamps, then you'll get crisp results if you use dye ink pads. So, I hunted out the box of Memento dye inks and they worked a treat.
This card is for Mrs A's 'Butterfly Challenge' where this time you have to use inks - and of course include a butterfly .......... or three :) I have one little one
Let's move onto the weekly picks now:
I'm sure a few of you will have spotted that the stamped image that Alice used is Lili of the Valley (LOTV). It's so sad to see that, after having a sale of their paper and art pads, LOTV no longer stock these items as they will be concentrating on their stamps and cross stitch kits and patterns. It strikes me as such a shame as they had a really good niche in the market there :(
Sigh, needless to say I just had to go and buy some of the beads (from Amazon UK). I thought it might be a good idea though to wait until I have a free morning - and Len is also out at archery :) Watch this space!
Gosh, the more entries, the harder it gets to do the weekly picks. I whittled them down to 11 this week - not without a lot of angst as every single entry was worthy of being a pick! As you know, I do try to share the love around from week to week - and I so hope that each pick shown here offers ideas and inspiration.
And we have two new playmates this week:
Welcome to the Playground girls! We do hope you'll come back to play with us again.
Now let's do the prize draw for last week - the two Joanne Sheen Signature dies - and our winner is:
And now for the next prize on offer - this coming week it's a couple of items connected to my snippets make:
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 30th January. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
Maximum of three entries and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you only want to play for either the stamp set or the embossing folder then just say so in a comment - if your number comes up then I'll do a further draw for the remaining part of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Have a good week - I think we may be in for a mild spell of weather. But who knows - certainly we're all thinking of anyone caught up in the dreadful USA snow storms.
And do remember that it's Rudolph Day over at ScrappyMo's from tomorrow until the end of the month!
Day by day am getting more ambitious, limping a LOT less and venturing further - ha, tomorrow it's a delayed routine dental appointment. After that, maybe I'll arrange to go and have my hair trimmed - am beginning to resemble 'Cousin It' in the Addams family.
Di and, of course, Parsnip!