Diane, who comes to play in the Snippets Playground, has just joined forces with a friend named Darlene to run a new challenge called (appropriately) Double 'D'. The current challenge ends on Sunday and the theme is 'Forget Me Not'.
I knew what I wanted to make, and thankfully the die I'd ordered arrived in time - but what a scrabble I had to find some forget me not blue card. Thankfully there was a little snippet hiding in the snippets folder - but of course, hindsight being 20/20 vision, I later remembered that I could have just coloured a snippet of white card with an appropriate blue Pro marker.
This is my very simple offering - do hop over to see the DT cards, as well as the entries to date, there are some real beauties there!
- slightly smaller than 5" x 7" white card blank
- a snippet of white card, embossed using a Couture Creations 'Compassionate' embossing folder, trimmed to just slightly smaller than the card front and glued in place
- a white snippet, die cut using Spellbinders 'Labels Eighteen' and then a medium ball ended embossing tool run round the edge of the die whilst it was still in place to form a sharpened outer frame. Quicker than digging out the tan mat and then embossing the piece through the Cuttlebug
- snippets of green and blue card, plus a Joanna Sheen Signature 'Forget Me Not' die
- I'd backed the coloured card with Stick-It adhesive sheet prior to die cutting which made it really easy to pop the blue flowers on top of the green layer and also to add the teeny little blue buds
- added the spray of forget me nots to the large die cut panel
- stamped a sentiment from SU's (sadly discontinued) set called 'Sincere Salutations' using Memento 'London Fog' ink
- die cut the sentiment with a smaller Labels Eighteen die and did the edging same as the larger piece
- the die set comes with a little extra sprig of flowers (plus some little flower heads which I didn't use) - so I added that below the sentiment
- used a yellow sparkly gelly pen for the flower centres and then glued the two panels onto the embossed front of the card
If you like the forget me not die, make sure you check out the Snippets Playground on Sunday :)