Writing this on Saturday morning, and for the first time in over a week I can feel the teensiest improvement in the old back. It's the nature of it that it travels around different areas - almost as if when I protect one sore set of muscles it then moves onto another area. Nasty piece of work if you ask me!
Anyhow, let's do a quick canter this week - first of all here's my snippets card:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- a smaller snippet of red satin mirri card for the largest frame, glued onto the card front using Collall All Purpose glue
- a whole sheet of pale green snowflake patterned paper from Wild Rose Studio's 'Annabelle's Christmas' paper pack
- a snippet of almost plain green paper from the LOTV 'Classic Christmas' paper pad, with the back covered with some 'Stick-It adhesive sheet. This was then die cut using a Sizzix card front die called 'Peace, Love, Joy'
- after removing the backing from the die cut I popped it onto the centre of the sheet of pale green snowflake patterned paper and trimmed along each edge
- layered the 'message piece' onto the red satin mirri card, again using Collall glue for some wiggle time
- backed another snippet of red satin mirri card with 'Stick-It' adhesive sheet and die cut the letters 'J-O-Y' (the letter dies come in with the die set) then popped them onto the word JOY - after running a red Whispers pen (which doesn't bleed like a Pro Marker would of course) round the edges - I hate white bits where they shouldn't be :)
- something was missing so I walked away for a while, had a think and eventually came back and die cut a single snowflake using a die from the Whimsy 'Layered Snowflake' set, covered it with clear Wink of Stella and once dry popped it in the middle of the letter 'O' using a small piece of thin sticky pad
- added a snowflake diamante embellishment on top - just the snowflake and bling made all the difference (IMHO) - but, you could also use the letters 'J-O-Y' alone or with a snowflake on (say) a plain white snowflake background, I think that could look very elegant
So, that's my snippets card for today, and it fits nicely in with the current challenge over at 'Merry Monday #171' which is 'Sentiment in the Spotlight'. I think I covered the Merry Monday brief - n'est ce pas?
And now onto this week's picks - sheesh, a lot of entries and also many of you were keen on the Tim Holtz prize on offer. Who knew? I truly thought I was 'tail end Charlie' with those birds, once again!
So, that was this week's picks - I managed a few more than I'd expected, and now it's time to welcome two new Playmates to the Playground:
Welcome to both of you - and it would be lovely to see you in the Playground again! I take it the girlies shared their choklit and also showed you where the illicit whisky still is hidden - they think I don't know! Ha, nothing gets past Parsnip and me when we're in full 'ferreting and searching' mode :)
So, with a little drum roll, it's time to pick the winner of some or all of the Tim Holtz 'Bird Crazy' stamps and dies - plus the Accessories stamps set. Oh how I wish I had more of this bumper prize to offer - in all there were 38 of you longing for the whole bundle and a further five of you would have loved just part of the prize. And, the first person to pop out of Mr Random had indeed said a huge 'yes please' to the whole bundle:
This coming week's prize is another 'no brainer' of course. It's a Sizzix card front die called 'Peace, Love, Joy', just like I used on my snippets card. I've also got a packet of A5 'Stick-It's sheets as part of the prize. This is such a detailed die to stick down and I do think the Stick-It sheets are a bit of a life saver.
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 26th September. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
Maximum of three entries and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Do say if you only want one or other part of the prize (the die set or the 'Stick-It' sheets), but both are up for grabs as one prize of course. And please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Di and of course, Parsnip!