We have another fun challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania this fortnight, called 'Green with envy'. This time you have to use monochromatic shades of green with white, cream or black. And please don't let the fact that it's Cuttlebug Mania stop you from entering - just so long as you use a manual die cutting/embossing machine that's fine, and also do remember to say which embossing, die cutting products you used.
Our sponsor this fortnight is Crafty Sentiments Designs - the winner will pick 3 digis and they have some lovely goodies in their shop!
So this is the card I made:
It's for St. Patrick's Day and 'the luck of the Irish' with the shamrock - I didn't have a proper St. Patrick's Day sentiment stamp :)
- A6 white tent style card blank
- five shades of green card, a few of which were snippets of course
- two layers of green card on top of the card blank.
- one white layer of card stock, embossed using SU's 'Square Lattice'
- next I positioned and fixed the 'Chloe Stem' green die cut in place, minus the head of course, using Collall All Purpose Glue
- the shamrock head was super-easy and good fun to make using Spellbinders Plain and Scalloped Hearts die sets - two layers per leaf then just gently creased down the centres before fixing to the card using thin small snippets of sticky pads so that the leaves bend upwards a bit
- the 'Good Luck' sentiment was an Elzybells stamp (sadly long discontinued), stamped with SU's 'Wild Wasabi', then punched out using SU's 'Word Window' punch. Then it was layered onto a snippet of green card which had been punched using SU's 'Modern Label' and popped onto the card with a little piece of thin sticky pad at either end
- final touch, a little green gem at either side of the sentiment