We have a new challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania starting from today, the theme is 'Tag, You're It...' and you just have to use a tag or add a tag to your creation. Entries must only use manual die cutting/embossing machines and also state what you used to make your entry. Easy and good fun so why not come and play? The prize this fortnight is donated by Random Vintage Finds - and of course the DT will be picking our top entry, plus runners up, as usual.
This is what I made:
- A6 white card blank
- a snippet of SU's 'Smoky Slate' card stock for the first layer on the card
- Teresa Collins 'Sweet Afternoon' patterned paper for the next layer
- a snippet of white card, die cut using a label die from the Marianne Creatables LR0154 set
- the sentiment was stamped using SU's 'Smoky Slate' and stamps from the Winnie and Wilfred 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy' set - I adore these stamps!
- then added leaves, punched from a snippet of SU's 'Pistachio Pudding' card stock using Martha Stewart 'Leaf Frond' punch
- topped with flowers, which were die cut using the little flower die which comes with the Marianne Creatables LR0154 set and leftover piece of the Teresa Collins paper
- final touch, little clear pink domes as the flower centres and a snippet of organza ribbon through the top of the label
- once the tag was finished it was just a question of adding it to the card using thin sticky pads
Really obvious tip for today I suspect, when adding the flowers I stuck three straight onto the tag with glue and then the next two were popped on with little pieces of thin sticky pad just to add dimension.
Hope to see you playing along with us! This card uses the same colours as my last Cuttlebug DT card (white, pink, grey and green) - mental note to ring the changes for the next fortnightly challenge!