I thought this sums up Len, in the Playground when you've all gone home, feeding the birdies - in all weathers. Please note that I just stand and hold stuff for them while he does the hard work:
- 8" x 8" square scalloped white card stock (probably from Craftwork cards)
- green backing paper is from a free pack which came with Papercraft Essentials Magazine, issue 98
- the main image is a LOTV pre-coloured Cute Square, die cut with a circle die and popped onto a scalloped SU 'Real Red' die cut scalloped circle - with just a tickle of Glamour Dust on the snowflakes
- the smaller piece of backing paper is by Marianne Designs from the 'Merry Little Christmas' paper pack, layered onto 'Real Red' card
- sentiment is LOTV Christmas Grungy Messages, stamped onto a snippet of white card using 'Real Red' again and then attached with a bow, die cut in white using a Memory Box 'Crisp Bows' die and then a little line of three pearls added
- the corners were die cut in white using a Memory Box 'Snowflake Corner' die with a medium sided pearl popped on
- the red flowers are by Kaisercraft, layered up and topped with a medium pearl in the centre
- and just peeping out from behind the flowers are some little holly leaves, die cut from a green snippet using a Marianne Creatables die (LR0244)
This card is for Hazels Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge where this week the theme is to 'layer it up', plus Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra where it's always 'anything goes'. Plus, The Glory of Christmas, where it's 'anything goes'.
I'm also entering this into Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground as I used a few snippets too - just checking you're reading, snort! :)
I guess there is no rule that says you can't enter your own challenge!! lolReplyDelete
Oh Miss, this is gorgeous and I'm sure those little birdies appreciate you getting cold hands to help feed them. But you do know that to enter the snippets challenge you have to link up your card not just post it on your blog xReplyDelete
What a cute image Di-Looks perfect on your lovely Christmas papers.I shy away from the bigger cards(too much space to fill LOL)but you have done a fabby job with yours !ReplyDelete
Have a lovely day,Nessa xx
Love this fabulous card Di. Great image and a lovely layout.ReplyDelete
Gorgeous card Miss and we'll done on entering your own challenge!ReplyDelete
Have a GREAT day Honey!
Very cute . . .love the traditional colours and the gorgeous die-cut corners.ReplyDelete
HaHa, I should check to see if you really have linked it, Di ... though no reason why you shouldn't. You make the rules :)) Gorgeous card and I now have a vivid image of the two of you out in the garden feeding the birdies. The greeting is perfect too. Hugs, Elizabeth xxReplyDelete
Love your entry for the snippets playground, great image and sentiment.ReplyDelete
Fab entry for your snippets and for my CHNC challenges and The Glory of Christmas. I now have a picture of Len in the playground at some unearthly hour ... xReplyDelete
Good thing I checked back posts...how, oh how did I miss this gorgeous creation!ReplyDelete
That image is so adorable. I have an mental image of your Len...trudging through the snow to fill the feeders...his love of birds and nature carrying him through ice, sleet and rain...out to the feeder! He's a winner in my books.
Love everything about this card. that MB snowflake corner is my fave Xmas MB die. It looks so wonderful here.
Snort indeed! What a lovely snippets card you made, Di! That's an expression over here, too!! Hugs, DiReplyDelete
A beautiful Christmas creation. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Extra this month. Carol GD xReplyDelete