Monday 28 March 2011

Mima Bug Card

The very talented Kirsty Wiseman has done it again! This time she's designed some gorgeous 'bug' girls - the name comes from their big, bug-like eyes. When I saw that she'd ventured into having some polymer stamps produced I was there tout suit!! You can also download digi-images and papers from Kirsty too - go here to see her stamps and  I bet you'll also have a good mooch round her blog :)

This is one of the stamps I bought, called Mima Bug, just inked up and ready to go:



I love the simplicity of these stamps, yet they have a character all of their own. I decided that they are perfect for paper piecing and this is what I produced:


Very straightforward - the card is approx. 6" square, topped with paper from Dovecraft's Back to Basics II set. The ribbon came from my stash - and I tied it as shown by Kirsty here by making a slit in the spine of the card and wrapping it round the inside of the card. I would have never thought of doing that so thank you for something else Kirsty!!

Little Mima was coloured using Aquamarkers and her dress, hat and shoes were paper pieced also using paper from the same Dovecraft set. She originally had bare feet and my OH was the one who suggested I made her some little shoes................I might find him crafting yet :) The flowers were punched using an X-Cut 3-D Punch and emboss punch with a teeny brad in the centre.

I'll be making more of these little darlings!

Di
x

4 comments:

  1. Love it love it love it. Def one to be repeated :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little bug girls, so cute. Lots of pink coming here I think...! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. like this like cupcakes better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Moira - shouldn't we be running round the bloick three times before breakfast and not thinking of cupcakes - given the forthcoming reunion?! OK, back to wearing sheets with holes in for our heads :) Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.