This is just a short post to add a fresh Mr Linky for the coming week and also to let you know what the prize is of course!
First of all, here's my snippets card:
- 5" x 5" white card blank
- a snippet of white Centura Pearl card stock, trimmed just slightly smaller than the card base and glued in place
- a little snippet of really pretty card, left over from a Wedding card I made years ago, it's a slightly glossy background with lovely 'encapsulated' sparkly swirls all over. Trimmed to just slightly smaller than the Centura layer of card and glued in place
- more white Centura Pearl card snippets which I die cut using the following dies: Marianne 'Doily Star' die set, La-La Land 'Filigree Corner' die and Joy Crafts 'Vintage Flourishes - Butterfly' die
- then glued the elements in place on top of the sparkly layer of card - using Collall All Purpose glue in a Woodware fine line bottle
- final touch - white MeiFlower pearls in each corner and around the doily die plus a little strand of graduated pearls, which I snipped from a Prima flourish, down the butterfly's body
The prize draw for the Poppy Stamps 'Love Never melts' stamps and dies sets will take place once I'm settled back home and will be published next week (Week 250).
Here's this coming week's prize:
|I had to 'borrow' this image as the butterfly die hadn't arrived here when I did this post, but it's safely here and waiting to be won!
There are three items, the Marianne 'Doily Star' die set, the La-La Land 'Filigree Corner' die and the Joy Crafts 'Vintage Flourishes - Butterfly' die - all the same as I used on my snippets card. The Marianne 'Doily Star' die would look fabulous on Christmas cards I think! in fact, you could make a card very similar to this on and add a sentiment in the centre instead of the butterfly.
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 8th October. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize, or if you'd only like to play for one or more of the dies. I'm happy to split them and do further draws if you win and only want one or two items. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Have a lovely week! Big hug from Parsnip, and of course me!
And huge thanks again to Jane for looking after the Playground - I owe you chocolate next time we meet :)