Tuesday 18 October 2016

Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - 'Something Spooky'

Time for another Cuttlebug Mania Challenge and the theme this time is 'Something Spooky'. By that we mean you can let your mind go a bit mad - for example, ghosts, mummies, spiders, witches, kids in costume, or lots of black. Or any other bright ideas so long as it fits in with 'Something Spooky'.

I struggled with my DT card as I have almost zilch items here to do with Halloween - and in fact, I used this same main die last year for a similar theme over at Cuttlebug Mania. Mind you, it's so specific to Halloween that it needs an annual outing!

You do have to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine for Cuttlebug Mania entries (it doesn't need to be a Cuttlebug but it must be manual, not electronic). And, you can't mix the two, it must be all manual please. Then make your entry, link into the challenge, link to the challenge in your own blog post and and make sure that you also say what products you used for any die cutting/embossing.

Details of our sponsor can be found over on the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge blog.

This is my DT card:
I used:

- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style

- slightly smaller layer of SU's 'More Mustard' card stock, glued in place and topped with a slightly smaller again layer of black card stock 

- then I embossed a piece of pearlescent 'platinum' coloured card (bought at the Coventry show) using a Tim Holtz 'Cobwebs' embossing folder and trimmed it to just slightly smaller than the black card layer and glued it in place

- next, die cut the really fun Cheery Lynn Designs 'Witches Laundry' from black card and glued it in place across the card. The Woodware Ultra Fine applicator bottle is perfect for fine work like this! 

- then added a few touches of gold here and there on the die cut using a Signo 'Sparkling Gold' pen

- sat for ages pondering what to do next with the blank patch at the bottom left hand corner of the card - a sentiment? black gems? - totally stuck, until I remembered a die I've hardly used

- out came the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Kitty Kitty Meow Meow' die and a snippet of black card. Die cut just the Daddy cat from the sweet little family, chopped his tail off (ouch!) and popped him in the offending corner

Must be my warped sense of humour, he almost looks like he's quietly looking on - sniggering at the cat hanging on the line to dry - possibly his Lady Wife? :)

We'd love to see you over at Cuttlebug Mania and the challenge runs for two weeks.






22 comments:

  1. When on earth did you get that snap of my washing line Di ? A real fun card though.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Di, this is fabulous and what a wonderful die this is - such a shame it can only really get an airing once a year. Love the cobweb in the background and adding the black cat in the corner was a stroke of genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVING thus Halloween card. That die is well worth an annual outing, it's fab. Us Brits don't do Halloween like those across the pond do we? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still a fab die, and makes for a really fab card!
    I was about to start on Halloween treat boxes (pillow boxes this year), then realised I have NO hallowe'en dies to decorate with, and I'm too busy to be faffing with stamps (as, if previous years are anything to go by, will need to make around 100!). Must go shopping! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun card :) love the cob web embossing in the background and the witch's clothes line is great!! Papa cat fits in perfectly in that spot. He is the spooky one !! Such a fun theme! We dont really celebrate halloween in India but I would love to make more spooky cards for this challenge :) its such a thrill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Di
    Newcomer to your blog via friend Sue Tossell. I saw her entry and decided to browse. Love the site and hopefully will join in when I can. Had to laugh reading your details - about you cutting your hair. I did the same thing aged 5 - in hospital and the nurse left some scissors and I cut off one very long plait.
    I loved reading all your descriptions.
    I have become a follower and put your site on my own blog.
    Carol
    xx
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your spooky washing line Di, a great card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Di, l love the image and great design xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The witch's clothesline is simply a hoot. It should be brought out every single October. The spider webs and cat in the corner are the perfect finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a fantastic card, Di! I love that laundry line. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Di, I love this card so much! It is so fun and happy. That kitty hanging on the line just cracks me up. The shimmer cardstock and touches of gold you added are just perfect. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Halloween is something I don't do as a rule either Di, but this card is cute and spooky and I love the embossing in the background too. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's important to hang your black cats out to dry. You don't want to tumble dry them least they shrink. Cute card and this die deserves and annual outing. In fact, I was just thinking about my H'ween clothesline die (maybe even this very one) and how I hadn't yet used it this year. Soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a great die and deserves to be used - love the background too. L x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha!! :D This witch's clothesline is really cool and love your background! Great spooky CAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this card is really fun. I like the embossing folder and the clothes line looks super. What a great die set. I really did laugh at the cat hanging from the clothes line. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun Halloween card! I love the black & white color scheme and the spiderweb background, but who hung the cat out to dry? Meow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your take on this challenge Di, the black and white looks fabulous and some great dies and the cat in the corner is just the perfect addition.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you have taken the cat down now. He doesn't look too happy. Love this card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Contact him for herpes cure, Robinsonbuckler11 [@] gmail com,,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.