Friday 14 October 2016

Happy Birthday Len!

It's Len's Birthday tomorrow and I know he doesn't peek at the blog so it's safe to post the card I made for him on here. Just watch, he'll now decide to take a look!

Anyhow, here it is:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blank

- piece of SU's 'Chocolate Chip' card stock, trimmed slightly smaller than the card front and glued in place

- an embossed panel of white card, kindly sent to me by a lovely buddy after I'd admired it on her blog - the folder is by Crafts-Too. I trimmed it down and glued it in place. My card's layout is not dissimilar to my lovely buddy's either

- added a piece of patterned paper from a LOTV paper pad called 'On A High Note' to the other side of the card front - I love the almost hidden words which say 'You're the song in my heart' :)

- stamped the sentiment using Brilliance 'Pearlescent Chocolate' ink and a pre-loved 'no name' wood mounted stamp, trimmed it and glued in place

- the guitar image was also sent to me by the same buddy - it's stamped using a Leane Creatif 'Doodle Guitar' stamp

- I coloured the image using Pro markers to tone with the patterned paper (as best I could!), fussy cut right round it and ran a black Whispers marker right round the edges

- then gave most of the guitar a coating of Glossy Accents and left it for ages to dry

- once dry I stuck the guitar onto the card front using red line tape

- then just added the little gold tuning pegs using some flat gold gems and then finished off with LEN spelled out in tiny little gold peel offs

Len  was in a group many moons ago and he personalised his guitar at the time very much the same with LEN, so I think that touch will make him smile :)






27 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabbo! Happy Birthday to Len!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, Di, fabulous design and so personal. I'm sure Len will be thrilled to receive it. Happy Birthday, Len! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has turned out just gorgeous. Happy birthday Len. Hugs Mrs A & The Doc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, and happy birthday Len
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a super card for Len and the music embossing goes with the guitar perfectly Di. My o/h was also in a band, drummer, but also played the guitar and still does at times.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Len. I'm sure he'll love his card. It's a beauty Di. Everything fits together so well. What lovely words on the paper strip. Great colouring and detail on the guitar and it's even personalised. Great work and obviously made with love. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! A great birthday card! And so much music! I love it!
    Happy birthday to Len!
    Liv Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky Len this is lovely and the colouring Di is just perfect! personalising his name too is a brilliant touch! hope he has an enjoyable day and a great weekend for you both take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super card Di, I can see why you admired the embossed background so much. A great guitar stamp too, Happy Birthday to Len.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab guitar card and he's bound to love the personalisation. How kind of yr friend to send the images to u. Hope he has a lovely day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Di, i am sure Len will appreciate all the attention to detail and all the love in this wonderful creation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I'll admit that at first I thought you'd paper pieced the guitar, it looks so dimensional. Happy early birthday, Len xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to Len, and this is a fabulous card you have made for him Di. The personalised guitar looks great against that beautiful embossed music background and the words behind the sentiment are really lovely. I'm sure Len will adore this! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous musical card Di, I'' sure he'll love it!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Happy Birthday to Len!!! :D I know how is important music for some persons :) and I'm sure that this card with the fabulous guitar that has his name will be LOVED!!! Great design, too! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful, personalized birthday card. Happy birthday to Len.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant to have a really personal card - I'm sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant card, love the colours of the guitar and the way you have personalised it. I also like the sentiment, great font and a very handy one to have for certain cards, can't recall ever seeing one that went downwards (can't think of the proper word I should have used here but hope you know what I mean!)
    Happy Birthday Len and hope you both have a lovely day.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday to Len, a wonderful man and feeder of hedgehogs. This is a great card and so perfectly personalized for him. I'm sure he'll be over the moon about it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wish Len Happy Birthday from me. I hope he has a lovely day. You've made a super card for him. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card... Hope Len had a good birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A brilliant card Di! Everything fits together so nicely!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday to Len! What a great card to bring back memories of a fun time when he was in his band. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is an awesome personalized card Di, I'm glad Len is enjoying his extended birthday. Your snippets hedge card is so sweet too, I will have to pop back for a proper look at all the picks. Happy Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Huge Happy Birthday Wishes to Len! Sorry I am a bit late. Love his personalised guitar card, I bet he loved it! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. belated birthday wishes for Len! A wonderful card and a beautiful personalised guitar! I bought a guitar stamp a few years back only to discover it was a left handed guitar when I got it home. Guitarists are the first to notice when it is the wrong way round too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Contact him for herpes cure, Robinsonbuckler11 [@] gmail com,,,,,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.