The current challenge over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is to make a Christmas card suitable for a child. And this card is also going into Hazel's Christmas Challenge Extra for July.
Quick rootle through the 'cards to upcycle' box and I found a cute image of Winnie the Pooh and Piglet on a card:
- 4.5" x 4.5" square cream card stock
- image die cut from a lovely card from last Christmas
- mauvy-pink card from the snippets folder for backings
- patterned paper is from a 'Milton' Christmas paper pad - just 'cos the colours matched
- sentiment is by Britannia Dies, die cut from the mauvy-pink and placed (badly) onto a strip of cream card. Serves me right for not drawing a fine line first, or using a strip of removable tape as a line, sigh :(
It's a fairly well kept secret that Len's pet name for me is 'Piglet' - and I have loads of Piglet soft toys in every size going, as well as Piglet mugs and night wear :)
How did the pet name come about? I'm not sure really, it's been so long that I forget how - but I know that Piglet is a bit vertically challenged (check), obviously loves pink (check), is a bit round (cheeky!) -and also 'Despite the fact that he is a "Very Small Animal" of a generally timid
disposition, he tries to be brave and on occasion conquers his fears'. And I've had to conquer quite a few fears in my time believe me.
Crumbs though, I must have been barking mad to sit making a Christmas card yesterday in the scorching heat here! Perhaps Piglet is also a bit lacking in the common sense department...............'ere, I BET that's the main reason for the pet name! Llleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenn - come here this minute!