And, as the card is being smuggled on holiday by the recipient's daughter 'cos they will be sunning themselves abroad for the celebrations, I thought a sturdier envelope than usual was a good idea :)
- 6" x 6" square cream card stock
- a photo of 'Teddy' which was hurriedly emailed to me. Cropped a bit, re sized and then a canvas effect applied. At this point my printer started to play up, sigh, so I had to use Len's printer (thankfully using wi-fi) but of course there was a bit of trotting to and fro to collect the printing :(
- Core'dinations card for the backings and the strip of card underneath the ribbon, punched using Martha Stewart's 'Lace Heart' edge punch
- a snippet of ribbon across the punched strip, little tie of ribbon then a brown cord bow to fasten a butterfly charm in place
- sentiment banner is probably a Lakeland Limited one from the days when they did a range of craft stuff
- peel offs to spell out 'Michela' (and it's the correct spelling!) and 'Teddy' - isn't he a splendid chap too?!
- at that point the card looked a bit bare but I'd kept the punched out hearts from the lace edging (Mrs A would be proud of me!) so just popped some of those here and there as well as at either end of the sentiment banner
- the envelope was made using a 12" x 12" sheet of card/thick paper - a lucky find really, topped with two ovals for Michela's name when her Mum writes the card
When I'd finally finished Len said 'Now I think you ought to brush your hair and come and have a glass of wine in the garden'. What a fright I looked, in the heat I'd been running my hands distractedly through my hair as I fretted and worked - it looked just as if a couple of birds had been trying to build a nest!