Sunday 28 July 2013

Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 83

Tell me what you see on my snippets card for this week - yup, another Ryn Tanaka stamp, this one is 'Raindrops':

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- snippets of pink and lemon card from the snippets folder, snippets of patterned paper (flowered and spotted) plus a 6" square whole sheet of flowered paper for the background

- the image is a Gorjuss clear stamp from a set called called 'Puddles of Love', coloured with Pro Markers. I've had it unused for absolutely ages! Then I paper pieced the umbrella, mackintosh and little wellies - oh, and the little piece of her dress peeking from underneath the mackintosh, die cut the image and popped it onto a backing of pink card before stamping some raindrops with Ryn's 'Raindrops' stamp. I know, the raindrops are quite big compared to her - but she's just a little Gorjuss girl :),

- sentiment is Craftwork Cards, popped ont an oval punched using SU's 'Oval' punch

- corners were die cut from spotty paper using Whimsy's 'Shapeology Collection - Corner Set' and then I added Josy Rose black nail heads

- foliage was die cut from little snippets using Cheery Lynn Designs 'Mini Fanciful Flourish - B1175'

- flowers were die cut from teeny tiny snippets using Joy!'s 'Flowers set - 6002.0024', two or three layers depending on the flower size, which were then flicked up and the centre stamen added. That was punched using Floral Punch Craft Leone Em's 'Small Stamen II punch'. It's a quite small and detailed punch so I just coloured some paper using a black Pro Marker and after it had dried properly the stamens punched out fine - it won't work on card though, ask me how I know :)

The picks for this week were as difficult as ever, I hope you like my choices and the reasons why:
This card, made by Kim, just HAD to be included - serious attack of the giggles here when I spotted it! After a week of petitions about 'saving the tree house' because I'd proposed that the trampoline would have to go there it seems so appropriate. Love the goat trying it out - and the tree house is quite safe, I filled in the duck pond and put the trampoline there instead :)
I love this card, made by Glennis - bright, eye catching and such a great way to use up snippets. It really does sum up Summer perfectly.
Amanda brought this brilliant 'exploding box' to show - so much work (and snippets!) must have gone into it, terrific idea and so well thought out.
How about this then? A fabulous folded shirt, made from a single piece of paper is the perfect topper for this great card - love the background too. Our Carol hopped into the Playground waving this - so clever. I've made the little shirts in the past and it's all done with clever folding - here's a link to a YouTube tutorial if you want to try. Perfect for those oh so difficult male cards.
And here's a totally stunning card, made by Viv! It's a real beauty and the pram is made using die cut circles - another one to try. I love how the pink lace and little rosebuds finishes it off so well.

A big welcome to a new Playmate as well - that's Sue J of 'Olliesmam'. Be kind to Sue girls, hopping over to say 'Hi' would be nice too.

Remember, you can still go to last week's links here and have a hop around.

OK, so who won last week's prize of the Penny Black stamp 'Strawberry Jam'? Chosen by the Random Number thingy it's:
Can you please send me your snail mail address (di_wray@hotmail.com) Liz - and very well done!

So, this coming week's prize:
It's two Simply Gorjuss stamps, as shown plus a little stamen punch the same as the one I used on my card. Linby sent me the 'Girl on a Swing' (only been inked once) absolutely ages ago for the Playground and I've added a new stamp called 'The Fawn'. I'll be perfectly honest and say that it's the colouring of the fawn that scares me so that's why I'm giving it away, I know me limitations! But can't you see the little girl dressed in red and then the image used with a snowy background for a Christmas card?

That reminds me, many of you have been sweet enough to send prizes for the Playground, for which I do thank you very much. Please don't fret if I don't offer them straight away - they are safely tucked in the Playground toy box and listed in a notebook so they will appear for sure. But, you must never, ever, feel that you ought to send anything, the toy box is very full and there are enough prizes there to take us into 2014! If you just carry on playing and enjoying yourselves that's enough to make me happy.

But, someone else decided to send us a Playground prize - when I was ordering something for the future from the lovely Ryn Tanaka, she noticed that I hadn't ordered two of the Raindrop stamps and (bless) included one for you girls as a prize! How totally sweet is that then?
So, this is one of those two week things like last time. All you have to do to be 'in it to win it' is to make a total of THREE snippets entries over this week and next - so that might be three in one week, two one week plus one in the other, it's up to you. Of course you can still make a maximum of three entries in one week which would also count. Then, it'll be the sunhat draw and I DO only have one stamp to give away, courtesy of Ryn.

The Playground will run as usual this week with the gates closing at 11am UK time on Saturday 3rd August. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of this week's prize which is the Gorjuss girls stamps and the stamens punch, shown above. Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Enjoy your week and hope to see you in the Playground!

Di
x

36 comments:

  1. What a wonderful snippet card you've made. And what lovely makes you've shown from the playground. And I'm so overwhelmed by the generosity of you and others in the playground to have such a stocked toy box of goodies. You really are a gem. I can't believe I'm the first in the playground. Now that it's been raining it should be less muggy in the playground, which might mean emerging from the shade and taking a turn on the swings. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great cards Di thanks so much for welcoming me to the blog:) I was joining in it just takes me a bit of time to do it lmaooo huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card you made there Miss. Great showcases too. Love the goat one though. It did make me laugh!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, your card is so wonderful. Love that paper pieced litle girl...she is a real cutie patootie! I did nOt notice the paper piecing till I read the post and then I wondered how in heavens I missed it!

    Just visited Sam and she has a gorgeous card up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorjuss is right Di, beautiful snippets card! Love the paper piecing and those pretty flowers. Great inspiration in the playground again too, fantstic showcases :)

    I'll say no thankyou to the gorgeous stamps and punch, but I would like to play for Ryn's raindrop stamp if that's ok. See you again soon :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh - thanks for the spotlight Di, I will try and play each week now that we are home for a while

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and image Di love the colours used l have always liked pink and green but the lemon brings the three colours together beautifully and of course the rain drops complete the picture along with the flowers another great snippet, great choice of cards two and congrats to Liz enjoy your prize take care have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful snippets card . . . one might also say GORJUSS!

    Great prizes on offer and lovely showcased cards too.

    Congrats to Liz on her win.

    I've entered a card but I'll say "no thanks" to the prize if my number gets drawn thanks Di.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful card with the matching brolly and wellies lol, love it
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your paper piecing Di and congratulations on your win at Joanna Sheen. So glad my card gave you a laugh x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whatya mean you've filled in the duck pond! The ducks have had to move in with the chickens and the chickens are not appy about it. There wos no eggs for breakfast this morning!!!
    Hugs Mrs A.(go to work on an egg).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh NO ... poor duckies :-(
    Great selection of cards there - the goat one made me smile too but I really love that little shirt card - awesome :-D
    Great Prize !! :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Di, your card is lovely - I particularly like the paper piecing on the gorgeous Gorjuss girl and the very pretty papers. We've had raindrops that size here today so, as far as I'm concerned, they are in perfect proportion :)) Your picks for the showcase are all fabulous makes. Lovely to read that that the toybox is so full - peeps are so generous :) Waah! I can't believe you've filled in the duck pond - now where are the ducks going to get a bath :( It's a 'no thanks' from me too - much as the stamps are gorjuss, I just know I won't colour that deer in too. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Di your snippet card is beautiful and I love the way you've paper-pieced the image in such delicate papers. Stunning. I've just popped by to enter my card into this week's challenge. Have a good week. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please Miss when can we have the sheep dogs? Cos now that the Duck pond has been filled in and the ducks have no where to play the dogs would be great fun for them and could spend all day herding them up!!!!
    Hugs Mrs A.
    p.s. you wouldn't need to take the dogs for walkies cos they'd be too dog tired!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Miss Di

    Fabby snippet post!!

    Love your project. Loving the designer coat and matching brolly!!

    I have a feeling it is going to be super busy this week in the playground. I am number 13 already .. .. and the gates haven't been open that long! It must be all the animals.

    Brilliant show and tells and prizes!!

    Have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG this cards are stunning-yours with rain drobs is gorgeous.
    Good play
    hugs to all expecialy to you Di
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a gorjuss card Miss with some super paper piecing. Yes please for a chance for the Gorjuss girls but no thank you for the tear drops. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I see, tree's of green, red roses too, and whatever the rest of the song goes on to.?
    Wow just seen the perfect death tonight drowned in a barrel of wine, way to go, Sav Blanc for me!
    Love the card and I have to state that I have so much admiration for you and the Playground and how much it has grown, some fab entries and great Ladies, well Mrs A is supec.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know what Kathleen has been watching! I was thinking what a waste of wine!
    Err! What is this about filling in the moat? The ducks and geese must have some water or they will bog off! Please can you arrange a pond for them now, though if the rain keeps up it could be a lake!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card, Di, and perfect use of the rain drops! That was so generous of Ryn! I'll say no thanks as I've already treated myself to more of her creations and this was one of them. She is addicting!

    Thank you for the great highlights, as ever! It's fun to see your hard work being discovered by even more and more playmates. We'll need to buy out old man Ferguson's place next door if this keeps up, so we can extend the playground! Remember I know where the bodies are buried in his backyard (in a manner of speaking) so we'll naught have any trouble with him selling on the cheep, cheep!!

    Mwah! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your little birthday girl is paper-pieced so beautifully, and the raindrops and pretty flowers are so gorgeous too! I love your card!!
    Thanks too for the shout-out on my masculine card :) Big (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I adore your card Di and the rain drops go perfectly with the Gorguss girl.
    Wonderful picks from the ladies. No thank you for the Gorjuss girls prize this week Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a delightful little girl and you've done such a good job on coloring! No thanks to the stamps as they scare me and would probably just sit on my must do one day shelf! Love these raindrops. Wasn't that sweet of Ryn?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Apparently Miss has relented and re dug the duck pond so they have moved out of the chicken house now which has pleased the chooks no end. Does this mean I will get an egg for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness - I am a bit slow this turn around - must have got myself mixed up on that darned roundabout - will have to get posting soon... can I please be excluded from this weeks prize but included in the Raindrops draw - thanks so much Di... be right back...Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hullo Di sorry am running late to comment and not getting around enough at all for my liking - you go into withdrawals..

    I love your card dear friend and also all the other magnificent creative offerings aren't our playground pals the best!! and how kind of Ryn to send an an extra .. bless her!
    Will say not to both lots of candy for this week as had one last time, and wonderful none the less, and God bless your weeks, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your snippet card is so pretty, Di, and the raindrops are fabulous! Such a clever idea!

    The 'show and tell' cards are gorjuss, too (did you see what I did there? Lol!) there is loads of amazing talent in the Playground!

    I bagsy the swing after Hazel's had her turn!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Di - thanks for linking up my 2nd card - issues now appear to have sorted themselves out overnight - FB working as well - I spent an hour removing programs and favourites etc - abd don't even know if that was an issue LOL - well that's #3 hooked up for this week - cheers Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yoo hoo, Miss. Please, Miss. Over here, over here.

    Thank you so much for picking me as the winner this week. What a lovely surprise and cheered me up after my emergency trip to daughter to look after youngest grandchild for the day whilst she had to take the eldest one in for surgery on a split lip.

    Now I am back it is time to finish setting up my new laptop and hoping this old one hangs pout whilst I do it. Be back soon with an entry for this week.

    I love your snippets card and there are some lovely cards that you have showcased.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm pestering you again, Di! Still no thanks on the daunting stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Popping back in with another card...can't sleep...we leave for the airport at 2 pm and fly out at 6pm!
    All packed now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Di, just dropping in with another snippet make. It's raining and a lot cooler so perfect weather for crafting :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Di, beautiful card. You have lots of patients to paper piece the brolly etc.
    Love the colours and papers.
    Eve xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hello Di, popped in again with my last snippet make for the week ... I'm off on a jaunt tomorrow so there will be no crafting done by me :) Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely card Di, I do love the gorjuss girl stamps, perfect paper piecing too. Thank you for featuring the box was strange and wonderful to see it all at the same time. I have entered a few times but as I won recently I don't think it would be fair to enter again so soon. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.