Here's what I came up with, using some snippets so it was really meant to be for tomorrow but I'd miss the closing time of the challenge and a girl has to be selfish sometimes. I might have a go on the swings all alone once the playground is closed at midnight, and before it gets opened again on Sunday morning :)
A week or so ago I bought some Flex Markers - sets I and 2 (courtesy of a small win from Ernie) as they are such lovely pastel colours with a nice 'brush action'. The jury is still out here about recommending them though, the brush pens are brilliant I have to say. The colours are truly delicate and they work fantastically with Pro Markers but, and it's a big but, I had to have 4 of the 12 markers replaced. On 3 markers the colour wouldn't come through the pointed nib end at all (just alcohol coming through) despite me scribbling - until I was blue in the face - as instructed to 'prime' the pens, even though it worked fine at the chisel end, the pointed end wasn't playing ball, and the fourth marker arrived with a split barrel. The up-side is that Joanna Sheen's customer service was amazing - and so were Letraset. Within 36 hours of me contacting JS, replacement pens arrived directly from Letraset. The sad thing is that the colours are so truly gentle - I used them for the ripples of water, the petals on the front lily and the dragonfly's wings......I totally love them when they work....... before I added Glamour Dust. Anyhow, back to the card:
- 6" x 6" white square card stock
- all other card and backing papers came from the snippets folder
- image is called 'Water Lilies' from the Joanna Sheen Favourite Flowers Collection - stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad and coloured with both Pro Markers and the more subtle Flexi Markers
- the Quickie Glue Pen and a sprinkling of Glamour Dust on the wings of the dragonfly
- white Josy Rose nail heads as a finishing touch :)
Another card, which I so loved making!