But, I finished the Ruby Wedding card:
Despite having some lovely deep red paper embossed with red hearts, it was all gonna be just too, too much so instead - when I make the box later today - I'll line the base with some of the hearts paper. This card is going to Belgium so there'll be a little scramble here to make the box, finish off the inside with an insert and then whizz out to the post office this afternoon.
So - what did I use? Or would it be easier to tell you what I didn't use! A lot of the stuff I had scattered all over the desk in readiness on Wednesday ended up being returned into the stash boxes, honestly :)
- 8" x 8" square white card stock
- plain deep red linen card for the backing, Nesties scalloped hearts and Marianne Creatables swirly dies
- absolutely the most delicious white paper by Best Creation Inc - called 'Mr and Mrs'. The sheets are 12" x 12" and I found it in Hobbycraft - it's ready embossed with really delicate muted sparkly swirls. I used it to make a background, punched all around with a Martha Stewart 'Narrow Lace' PATP set as well as a plain edged heart to sit on top of the large red scalloped one
- mulberry paper red roses, white little satin roses, white satin and organza flowers plus pearls on nylon stalks made up the flower cascade - with a few little white and red pearlised 'hat pins' - all from stash
- the number 40 was from some die cut numbers that Sarn had kindly sent me a while back, then coloured with a silver pen and some Glamour Dust added. Just a few pearls were then added to the red heart along with the numbers
- a 'Wedding Rings' diamante embellishment by Artworks plus some silver peel off edging strips and corners all from stash added the final touches
The place was like a bomb site when it was finally finished!
I'd like to enter this into the current challenge over at That Craft Place, which is 'Love is all around'.
Also, St. Luke's Hospice current challenge, which is 'Love and Lace'.