Sunday, 11 October 2026

Sunday Snippets - Happiness Blooms

Happy Snippets Sunday, as a change from Temu stickers - here's something completely different:


I used:

-  5.75" x 5.75" square white card blank, side opening

- snippet of 5.5" x 5.5" Tonic satin effect mirror card in 'Honey Gold'. I love this soft gold tone, which I'd been using to make some Christmas cards recently 

- glued the gold panel to the card front

- a snippet of Strathmore Mixed Media card for the image panel - chosen in case I wanted to use water based colouring mediums - in fact I didn't do that but the option was there!

- die cut the circle using a pre-loved NBUS die from the Craft Consortium set of dies called 'Live, Laugh, Love'

- stamped the images and sentiment using Clair 'Nocturne' ink and a pre-loved NBUS set of stamps by Hobby Art called 'Happiness Blooms'

- coloured the images using Polychromos pencils and added a tickle of clear 'Wink Of Stella' to the bee's wings - it IS clear but at certain angles the pretty detail on the wings doesn't show through - thanks camera! 

- glued the image panel onto the gold panel  - more about the glue below **

-final touch, three clear self-adhesive'dew drops

-finished!

** The glue I used is a first try for me. I saw Chrissie Stokes using it recently and, after a bit of a gulp at the price, decided to give it a try - and I LOVE it! It's called 'Bearly Art Precision Glue' made in the USA (Amazon sell it here in the UK) and the kit comes with three nozzle widths, one of which is super fine. I find that, even with my weakened grip, I can still squeeze the bottle perfectly well for the finest of lines or dots of glue. The main thing is to always clean the nozzles at the end of your session - a long bobble ended pin is provided and it's a step well worth always taking before leaving your craft space.

This past week I bit the bullet and disposed of two large Really Useful boxes of varied punches. Still kept a few favourites but it was relieving to begin seriously clearing the decks in the craft room. Selling punches online isn't viable due to the postal charges - and punches don't exactly come light weight!

I'd like to enter the following Challenges:

Allsorts #860 HERE - under 'Anything Goes'

Darnell's NBUS Challenge #91 2026 - HERE  - dies and stamps are NBUS items

Dudley Pupdate: We've had a few visitors this past week - and as always, Dudley has put on a cabaret act for them! I'm just waiting for the band to strike up and a row of can-can dancing Havanese in little tutus to prance on hind legs across the stage as his introductory act! Thankfully, he's so cute, he gets away with his antics - even continuing the performance from behind a mobile barrier!  He's nothing if not determined for sure.

Sarn has opened up Challenge #543 in the Snippets Playground HERE. Our prizes for the next two challenges are Christmas items - so that winners will have a few fresh goodies to play with well in time for Christmas crafting. Hop over and see what Sarn has as her super prize bundle in this new challenge. See you on the swings!

Love as always, Dudley and yours truly,





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.