Sunday 28 April 2024

Sunday Snippets - Birthday Celebrations!

Very recently a special friend celebrated her Birthday and this is the card I made for her: 

I used: 

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening

- a snippet of Tonic pearlescent 'Luna Silver' card, trimmed to 5.25" x 4" and set to one side

- a snippet of white card trimmed to 5" x 3.75", with a round stitched aperture die cut using Marianne's set of dies - CR1630

- next step was to stamp a sentiment - I used a Delicata 'Silvery Shimmer' ink pad and a stamp from Penny Black's 'Special Thoughts' set. Originally I'd planned to then clear emboss the stamped sentiment but the match to the pearlescent  silver backing card was so spot-on that I decided not to risk ending up with too shiny a look

- amongst my more precious snippets I'd been saving a lovely embossed piece of white card, used by a friend  to protect a card she sent to me some time ago - so I backed the aperture I'd cut into the white layer with it

- and then the fun began! I die cut two layers from snippets of SU's 'Certainly Celery' card using a die by Jeannie's Art called 'Butterfly Touch - Butterfly Corner'. I'd had the die for some time and this was a first play as I'd half suspected it would be tricky - and I was right as the die cuts seemed to have a life of their own when I was gluing the layers together!

- used snippets of some Lindy's Magical Shaker backgrounds to die cut the teeny little butterflies in pink and lilac and glued them on top of the butterflies that are part of the main die - wham! Suddenly the die cut really came alive

- I added three butterflies to the bottom right hand corner of the card front to add more balance and popped a teeny little flat backed silver gem onto each butterfly

- final step was to layer the finished white panel onto the 'Luna Silver' one,  then add it to the card front using narrow foam strips (Amazon sell them HERE) and of course I used the 'glue stick trick' 

- finished!

Apologies, I did use a lot of snippets, all are mentioned in the words above but totally forgot to take a before or after photo of them!

I'd like to enter this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #61 HERE, the Marianne set of dies was having a first outing

Dudley Pupdate: Nothing stunning to report, with the recent reasonable weather Dudley is actually enjoying his walks rather than tiptoeing around puddles! Bring on the sunshine. 😀

Sarn has just kicked off a new challenge over in the Snippets Playground HERE. Hope to see you on the swings, after last week's St George's Day pantomime, complete with Dudley dressed up as a fire breathing baby dragon, I dread to think what sh'e got planned for this week!! 

Love as always, Dudley Dog and me,




12 comments:

  1. Well that is a truly beautiful birthday card. Love the embossed background that sets off the colourful butterfly dies perfectly. Lovely sentiment too. Lots of work on the small die cuts, but so worth it.

    I think we are all enjoying the better weather!!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week Miss, I’m just skipping, honest! But you gotta admit Dudley made a great fire breathing dragon!!!! 😜

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your special friend loved this so pretty butterfly card. Good work with the tiny pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card Di and the person l am sure would of been delighted to receive it love the embossed backing and the way you have dressed up the die cut with butterflies so very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and delicate card Di .. I love all the teeny butterflies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, Di!!! Love so much the effect of the embossing behind the circle, well done to your friend putting it in the mail to protect her card, so you have used it! All those tiny butterflies hanging by the swirl and on the white space look GREAT! It's a really beautiful and sweet creation!
    So glad that he weather is going better there and so Dudley could finally enjoy outdoor! Give him some cuddles by me!
    Big hugs, happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty die with the butterflies hanging from it Di, and I love the white embossed background..a piece definitely worth keeping for the right occasion which is definitely now, and some more of the pretty butterflies on the background with the lovely silver embossed sentiment...a beautiful card! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely with your brand new dies and I love the pretty embossing behind the window of all those gorgeous tiny butterflies! It's just beautiful and I wish you a great week ahead filled with sunny days and lots of warm sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh beautiful card Di, I'm sure your friend was delighted to receive this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely die and beautiful card, Di! I dont think to use apertures very often, but I always like seeing cards with them. Happy you've had some better weather, for Dudley's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card Di - love your colours and the wee gems finish it perfectly. Good to hear Dudley is being a good boy...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card Di and I'm sure your friend will love it too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.