Sunday 28 May 2023

Sunday Snippets and Rudolph Days challenge

I made my snippets card yesterday - talk about cutting things fine! It's for the current Rudolph Days Challenge HERE, as well as for my Sunday Snippets post:

And here are the snippets I started off with:



I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, tent style

- snippet of Tonic 'Luna Silver' pearlescent card, die cut using a Penny Black 'zig-zag stackers' die

- snippet of Tonic 'Navy Dazzle' pearlescent card, die cut using a Positively Papercraft die called 'Starry Night Background' (the crescent moon is part of the die cut - I reckon that if you didn't want the moon you could make a 4" square card and chop that part off - or even flip it top to bottom and cover it with a sentiment or perhaps a snowy hillside!)

- snippet of white card, stamped using a Penny Black 'Hedgy Joy' stamp and a VersaFine Clair 'Nocturne' ink pad

- coloured the hedgy using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils plus a touch of blending solution, just on his hat where the coloured pencil lines were noticeable

- die cut the hedgy using the matching die (I love that Penny Black now have more dies for their lovely stamps) then set him to one side

- next glued the 'snowy hill' to the bottom of the starry panel - the 'hill' was die cut using a die from the Spellbinders 'A2 Curved Borders One'  set of dies

- then glued the starry panel onto the die cut silver layer before gluing them onto the card front

- added a double layered 'crescent moon' into the die using a glue pen - the moon was cut from a snippet of Tonic's ' Majestic Gold' pearlescent card

- added a double layered 'Be Merry' sentiment, using an additional die which comes with the 'Hedgy Joy' outline die and a couple of snippets of Tonic 'Red Velvet' pearlescent card

- finally, I popped the dear little hedgy onto his 'hillside' using thin sticky pads and called it done  

I'd like to add this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #50 HERE. The 'Starry Night Background' die and the 'Hedgy Joy' stamp and dies were having their first outing.

We have a new Challenge over in the Snippets Playground HERE - with a lovely prize. Sarn is organising skipping or hopscotch - given our current warm weather, she could be skipping solo!

Dudley Pupdate: Just in time for temperatures being 'on the rise' - Len did give Dudley a really good scalping trim as planned. Good grief - we do forget that there's such a small pooch hiding under that beautiful coat! I haven't had the chance to take a photo of him, in any case he's currently wearing a paper bag over his head for fear of being recognised by any of his doggie pals!


Not quite the right coloured fur as Dudley is pure white - but this isn't TOO far off his paper bag disguise!

He looks just like a puppy again and it's evident that he's actually delighted to be in his 'Summer shorts and T-shirt'! Not quite shorts and T-shirt, but you get the drift. Instead of hunting for cool tiled floors he's decided that snuggling up between us during the night is a good place to be. Thank goodness he's not a St. Bernard or similar!

Hope you all have a lovely week. Today, Saturday, is beautiful here. It's sunny and warm, with more forecast for the coming week. It's the local childrens' half-term holiday, as well as another Bank Holiday here in the UK - and believe me, it's unusual to have nice weather for holiday times so let's hope the forecasters got it right!

Love from Dudley - and of course me,  



17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Di - what a wonderful Christmas card. LOVE that PB hedgy and your starry night die cutting is a great backdrop for him. Perfick!

    I’m sure Dudley doesn’t really need a paper bag and looks as cute and adorable as ever.

    Enjoy the sunshine xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you not be merry with this cute hedgy, and his starry sky. Great tip re the moon, and didn’t even know PB does dies now, I need to get out more! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super Christmas card - love the hedgy and great that there is a die to match although, like Lesley, I had no idea that PB now make dies 😀.. How neat your pile of snippets looks - a far cry from my miscellaneous selections 🤣🤣. I'm sure Dudley appreciates having had a trim even if he didn't particularly enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit of a 'neat freak' with my snippets and trim them to have straight edges before storing away Val! Weird form of OCD when my desk is an avalanche waiting to happen right now!

      Hugs
      Di xx

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Di, I love the starry sky die you've used and the paper pieced moon. Such a great background for the beautiful PB stamp.Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a pretty color combo for the night scene you've created and that stitched frame on the border looks so cool! An adorable hedgie and a cute pooch playing Halloween too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    Oh your post did make me laugh at poor Dudley with that bag on his head.
    Amazing he sat still for the photo.
    Love your snippets card and the very fab design.
    The colours used are so lovely and your stamp image is coloured perfectly.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Di, love the hedgie under the wonderful starry sky. Poor Dudley, he's looking like, It's not me hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, where do I start with this gorgeous card Di? So many beautiful details! I love the starry sky cover die and that zig zag frame die has gone straight to the top of my wish list!! What a perfect scene for your cute hedgie :) The Paper Bag pup made me laugh but I am certain that Dudley looks gorgeous whatever his haircut! Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!! I have this cute stamp (It's perhaps the only one from PB that I have) so thanks for the inspiration. You coloured the hedgehog so beautiful! Thepearlescent starry night diecut panel looks amazing with the moon, against the snow hill!
    Poor similar-Dudley, he has two big eyes that say "what happens now?" :D
    I'm sure that Dudley will enjoy his short fur this Summer. It seems that will be very hot. Here people already enjoy the beach.
    Lots of cuddles to the again-puppy Dudley and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Di what a lovely Christmas card your frame fits the card with a gorgeous image and brilliant background ....lol l don't think Dudley would peer through any bag there would be lots of struggling enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card using this cute Hedgie Di, and I love the pretty starry night sky and crescent moon and the ornate frame looks fabulous. The thought of Dudley with a bag over his head made me laugh, and his stand in looked as though he wasn't too sure either..lol. I'm sure it must be lovely to feel lighter with less hair and cooler in the heat too, as you say no laying on cool tiles at present. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card Di. Thanks for the "shorts and t-shirt" description of Dudley - it is priceless!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute card and I like your snippets.
    I'm sure that Dudley will enjoy his short fur this Summer :)).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you are funny! I'm sure Dudley does love being a little cooler & the puppy look is so adorable! Your card is darling & I know the pearlescent cardstock makes it extra special! Enjoy the good weather--if they were right!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this. The hedgie looks right at home on the scene you created for him. Dudley come out from that paper bag and be proud in your new coat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Christmas card Di, what a cute little heggie! Thanks for sharing the photo of Dudley, really made me chuckle. 🤣 xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.