Sunday 4 June 2023

Sunday Snippets - Bee You

I bought the dear little Anita Jeram stamp set and outline die for today's snippets card a while ago - sorry, I forgot to take a photo of my snippets:


I used:

- card blank measuring approx. 5.5" x 4", tent style

- a snippet of green Altenew DP from the 'Acrylic Pour' pack, die cut using a die from The Greetery called 'A side of greens'. The paper is actually the reverse of a double sided snippet left from making another card and there's a little bit of variation in the shades of green .... if you press your nose right up against the screen 😉

- used a Uniko background stamp called 'Blocks Linear' and a Stampin' Up mini ink pad (Bashful Blue) to stamp the background

- then used a snippet of the same white card as used for the card blank and stamped the sweet little bee and flower image and all the words using VersaFine Clair 'Nocturne' ink and the Colarado Craft Company's Anita Jeram Mini stamp set called 'Bee You'

- coloured the image using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils  and added a touch of clear Wink of Stells to the wings and the eye of the bee

- then die cut the image using the matching die - I also die cut a template to position the die rather than 'wing it' - see what I just said? 

- stamped the words 'Bee' and 'You' at the bottom right of the card - in fact I did that before stamping the Uniko background now I think back!

- hand cut the words 'Bee, happy, kind and brave' and ran a black Tombow pen around the edges for some definition 

- then used little pieces of thin sticky pads to adhere the image and words where I wanted them and called it done

I had such fun using this sweet little set of stamps, although you don't need to use all the words in one go, I did as it sums up the qualities of a busy bee. 

Darnell's NBUS Challenge #51 HERE. Every single stamp and die was having a first outing. Shame on me for sitting on purchases for so long before actually using them!

The results of Challenge #454 are over on the Snippets Blog for you.

Dudley Pupdate: Bit of a heart in mouth moment on Friday with Dudley. He went to jump up onto our bed, using the low footstool that's in place for him at the bottom of the bed - and misjudged. He didn't squeal but when he picked himself up off the floor he was limping.  However, the gift of one of his treats soon sorted that out and we think much of it was actually shock. Interestingly though, so far he hasn't tried to hop up again. We know he's fine though as we checked him over thoroughly and then as I followed him upstairs that lunchtime he bounded up them as normal, he's more cautious about the bed but has since hopped up a few times. Perhaps a set of doggy steps are in order.

Hope you all have a lovely week. I finally had 3" chopped off my hair on Wednesday - when Dudley first saw me, he barked! Appreciation? Or - perhaps as cheeky Len remarked - surprised at the younger version of his 'Mum' who came home from the hairdressers! 

PS - we finalised our Ocado order earlier this afternoon - we have Doggies Pup Icecreams coming for Dudley, when the weather is really warm. Err, they were on a 30% off deal, but don't whisper a word to him!

Love from myself and Dudley - as always




18 comments:

  1. An adorable card Di, love the layout with the greenery, background and elements, and how you edged the words. Phew lucky Dudley didn’t hurt himself bad, and hope he enjoys his ice cream ! Oh and so funny about him barking at your new look 😂xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute set of stamps, love the bee on the flower and the words are great too. Hope Dudley is OK after his little misjudgement episode and I'm sure he will soon get used to the 'new look' after your trim. Doggie ice creams - whatever next??

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous and cute bee card - with those lovely sentiments added. I like the foliage at the side too.

    Phew! Thank goodness Dudley didn’t do himself any serious damage on the footstool misjudgment. Poor little fella.

    Fancy barking at you on your return from the hairdresser. Because you looked and probably smelt different - he might have thought you were an imposter!!!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Di, I love the layout of your design.

    Glad to hear that Dudley survived his mishap with no lasting damage. I’m sure he’ll enjoy his ice cream treat…. I won’t whisper a word about it being on special offer. 😉 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Di. Hope you got some humans ice cream too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A BEE-utiful snippets make with a great stamped background. I like how you placed the sentiment. Glad Dudley is OK after his spill, ice cream is always a good fix for mishaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card Di - such a cute image and lovely sentiments too.

    Thanks for your comments on Zeb. I have a lot of people keeping an eye on where we've been on our travels. Yes, we are still waiting for our new campervan - it should have been here last December, then March and now hopefully September!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute image and prettily coloured too Di, and I do love the die cut leaves which make a wonderful frame, and with the criss crossing lines stamped in the background, and the different word strips absolutely perfect! Glad Dudley is OK after his jumping miscalculation. He will soon forget about it and be jumping up as normal I'm sure..the doggie ice creams sound like a lovely idea. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're praying he likes the ice creams Pat - I don't fancy eating them for him! Well, I do but you know what I mean, smile. x

      Delete
  9. Totally delightful, Di!! LOVE this card! The muted greens of the beautiful corner frame are just perfect to create the scene for the cute bee! Sweet stamping on the background and the strips of the sentiment give a lot of interest to the whole card!
    I think that Dudley noticed and appreciated you new haircut style :) So happy that his legs are ok!! And I'm sure he will be very happy too, when he will have his yummy ice-creams! :D
    A lot of cuddles to my furry friend (not so furry now...) and big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dudley sends his love to you Alice! xx

      Delete
  10. Oh Di - I know the concern when a pet starts limping - my cat had an altercation, we think with an opossum, on Friday - result was a trip to the vet, and a bill large enough to stop me buying treats for him for a few weeks! He's fine now, but....
    Dudley really lives the life of Riley in your house :)... not that my cat doesn't ;)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, 'wing it' - beehive yourself Di! A lovely bee themed card and you have inspired me to get my Side of Greens die out - the subtle colour differences from the paper is really effective. Poor Dudley seems to have given himself a scare. Glad that no real harm was done and that a treat took his mind off it. Hope Dudley enjoys his ice cream! I make ice cream from frozen ripe banana medallions and just whizz them up in the food processor. You get a lovely creamy ice cream with no cream and Eva and I can share it (not that I get much of a look in!!) Sending hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a suoer cute card Di x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spoilt? Dudley? No! Lucky him to get his own ice creams. This card is very pretty and I love the green foliage edging.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Di loving the green foliage at the top and around the sides of the card and your bee is truly enjoying the nectar on that lovely petal lovely card as always x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely delightful card Di, I love the words. Good to hear Dudley has survived his fall OK, he will be unsure to do it again for a while is my guess?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of newsy bits to love in your post, Di, but first your card: I couldn't bee more in love with it! I love bee stamps, especially realistic ones, and I have a few myself in my AOS and NBUS categories, so no shame! I'm sorry to hear about Dudley's misstep, poor guy. We got doggie steps for Nellie when we first got her and she wouldn't have it, so I wish you better luck. Fortunately, so far, she is patient about being lifted up and down off the bed. Lastly, so funny that he barked at you with your shorter hair!! Thank you, as always, for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.