- card blank measuring approx. 5.5" x 4", tent style
- a snippet of green Altenew DP from the 'Acrylic Pour' pack, die cut using a die from The Greetery called 'A side of greens'. The paper is actually the reverse of a double sided snippet left from making another card and there's a little bit of variation in the shades of green .... if you press your nose right up against the screen 😉
- used a Uniko background stamp called 'Blocks Linear' and a Stampin' Up mini ink pad (Bashful Blue) to stamp the background
- then used a snippet of the same white card as used for the card blank and stamped the sweet little bee and flower image and all the words using VersaFine Clair 'Nocturne' ink and the Colarado Craft Company's Anita Jeram Mini stamp set called 'Bee You'
- coloured the image using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and added a touch of clear Wink of Stells to the wings and the eye of the bee
- then die cut the image using the matching die - I also die cut a template to position the die rather than 'wing it' - see what I just said?
- stamped the words 'Bee' and 'You' at the bottom right of the card - in fact I did that before stamping the Uniko background now I think back!
- hand cut the words 'Bee, happy, kind and brave' and ran a black Tombow pen around the edges for some definition
- then used little pieces of thin sticky pads to adhere the image and words where I wanted them and called it done
I had such fun using this sweet little set of stamps, although you don't need to use all the words in one go, I did as it sums up the qualities of a busy bee.
Darnell's NBUS Challenge #51 HERE. Every single stamp and die was having a first outing. Shame on me for sitting on purchases for so long before actually using them!
The results of Challenge #454 are over on the Snippets Blog for you.
Dudley Pupdate: Bit of a heart in mouth moment on Friday with Dudley. He went to jump up onto our bed, using the low footstool that's in place for him at the bottom of the bed - and misjudged. He didn't squeal but when he picked himself up off the floor he was limping. However, the gift of one of his treats soon sorted that out and we think much of it was actually shock. Interestingly though, so far he hasn't tried to hop up again. We know he's fine though as we checked him over thoroughly and then as I followed him upstairs that lunchtime he bounded up them as normal, he's more cautious about the bed but has since hopped up a few times. Perhaps a set of doggy steps are in order.
Hope you all have a lovely week. I finally had 3" chopped off my hair on Wednesday - when Dudley first saw me, he barked! Appreciation? Or - perhaps as cheeky Len remarked - surprised at the younger version of his 'Mum' who came home from the hairdressers!
PS - we finalised our Ocado order earlier this afternoon - we have Doggies Pup Icecreams coming for Dudley, when the weather is really warm. Err, they were on a 30% off deal, but don't whisper a word to him!
Love from myself and Dudley - as always