And this is what I made:
- card blank measuring approx. 6" (just under 6" in fact) x 4.25" - cut later to the same size as the finished card front panel
- two absolutely identical pieces of paper from the DCWV 12" paper pad called 'Quince & Blossom' - I cut the two layers at once to be sure they were lined up and identical - they are foiled and so very pretty
- then 'outline' die cut the pieces together, only using the outer frame from Ann's 'Positively Papercraft 'Cracked Glass' pair of dies
- then die cut just one of the resulting background pieces again, using the inner lattice part of the 'Cracked Glass' pair of dies
- suddenly realised that the paper would be too floppy for the top layer, so I die cut just the inner part of the panel from a snippet of white card, trimmed it down then added it behind the patterned layer using a glue pen. I had to do it that way as it would have been almost impossible to die cut exactly the same panel using both the dies, the alignment needed to be perfect with no over-hang
- and at that point I pushed it to one side as I'd done four similar panels from the same paper pad and felt they would all 'sag', despite the additional strengthening die cut lattice card layer
- went back to them and layered the other lattice layers onto the backgrounds using narrow foam tape, with glue stick on top for some slide - then pushed them to one side, yet again
- still convinced they would sag - even with the additional thickness of the white card snippet underneath the lattice panel - I fairly gently added a Pink Fresh pre-foiled die cut sentiment to the lower right corner of the card using a glue pen right around the back of the sentiment and being careful not to totally press it down onto the very back layer of patterned paper
- AND, it worked! No sagging to be worried about really
Well, knock me down with a feather - what a really lovely surprise! Love the sentiment itself - so positive. And good for a teen wearing braces on their teeth!
My snippet is well hidden, I used a left over piece of white card to back the lattice layer for added strength.
So, now I need to just make up the other three panels into cards - with a load more confidence than I had! Yay! I'd like to add this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #50 HERE. The Positively Papercraft ' Cracked Glass' die set was having its first outing.
The results of Challenge #452 are over on the Snippets Blog for you.
Dudley Pupdate: A good friend was here the other day and Dudley fell in love with her and wanted to go home with her when she left the house, but we all know he would he would have been squealing before she left our road. He absolutely flung himself at me this morning in affection - then I realised that he thought there might be a second 'morning treat' hidden about my person! Little monkey. Mind you, on reflection, he's the same with both of us where treats are concerned - albeit with just a tad more respect for his 'Dad'!
We watched quite a bit of the Coronation - history in the making. And it rained.
Hope you all have a lovely week.
Much love from Di and Dudley Dog