Our other Grand daughter over in Germany just celebrated her Birthday, hot on the heels of her older sister, Mia.
This is the card I made for Olivia - fondly known as Livi:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- plain blue and blue spotty (very slightly flower shaped) papers from a 'no name' Papermania pad, which I die cut to size using the brilliant Waffle Flower' A2 Layer Dies' set
- pre-coloured digital image, again cut to size using one of the Waffle Flower layering dies
- next stamped the sentiment using a Clearly Besotted 'Say What' stamp and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- then it was just a case of glueing all the layers in place - simples!
One of the beauties of using the layering dies is that you can easily 'gut' a piece of card or paper by cutting out the centre to use it - so, for example, I got both plain blue 'frames' from one sheet of 6" x 6" paper. Being a bit OCD, I always infill the 'gutted' portion by die cutting a piece of plain white paper or card so that it sits level again - and of course that gets hidden by the layer sitting on top of it.
Livi is a keen footballer, and a bit of a tomboy - hence the choice of image. I think it's actually a boy but does remind us so much of Livi!
So, that's both Birthdays over with - Christmas is next of course.