Tuesday 21 July 2020

Hope & Chances Charity kit - July 2020

I managed to get hold of July's charity paper craft kit from Hope & Chances. Apparently they flew out of the door so you do have to be quick! The easiest route is via the link above, which is Christine's blog - and her card kit posts goes live at 6:30 am UK time on the first Sunday of the month.

This is the finished card:
The kit came with everything (ready prepared), apart from the white pearls, glue and and sticky pads.

Oh, and I coloured the leaves and flowers using Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads (Peeled Paint and Fossilised Amber) - as a first real outing for my lovely blending brushes. I bought the brushes back in January and, they're really for cosmetics (loads of you had them so I followed suit needless to say) but up until now had just tinkered with them to see how they work - which I'm sure means I can link this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #16.

This is the link to the brushes I bought, although there are some very similar sets available at decent prices.

Christine always writes really clear instructions for her kits and I love how this kit had additional gold die cuts included to add as 'drop shadows' behind the white die cuts. The backing paper is by Anna Griffin and is absolutely gorgeous!

I showed the end result to Len and he immediately said 'how professional' - followed by 'ha, it's one of the charity kits isn't it'. No fooling him then!



13 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Di and love the tile effect background and the scalloped mats and hearts look so pretty with the gold layer behind them, and the softly coloured flowers and leaves are beautiful over the top. I meant to say yesterday how sorry I was to hear that you had been suffering with horrid neuralgia pain and hope it is improving. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Di. I really liked this kit, but resisted the temptation this month!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful and elegant card Di. Well worth the spend I am sure
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh wow this is beautiful Di so understandable that the kits go so quickly love the background scalloped cut outs and flowers are gorgeous with the gold too stunning take care x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful card.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Di, a lovely sunny feel to this kit.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card - great layout and great that it helps a charity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of the kit Di.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable, so sweet and elegant! Love the gold shadows behind the shapes and the sentiment, and such cute flowers! Beautiful pattern on the back, too!
    I have too a cosmetic brushes set, it works very well for a soft inking!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a beautiful card. The colors are lovely.

    I have the exact set of brushes. They work pretty well. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see why these kits fly out the door! You did a brilliant job designing with it, Di, and I love the end result. Even though it's a lot of layers, everything looks clean and neat. When I try that many layers, it looks like the dog's dinner. Which, now that I think about it, is not a very good analogy because my diva's dinner look might fine! Hmmm, okay, I'm going to change it ... looks like a rat's nest! I need to get one of Christine's kits and practice the trick of it using her instructions. Very good blending, too, BTW. I love my makeup brushes. I can finally blend now, having tried every other kind of thing in the past without success. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Christine kits look fab. I bought a frame kit from her ages and ages ago and I still haven't done it! How bad am I! Len is cheeky isn't he? Take care and stay safe my friend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.