I have an important message for Andre M who has said yes to some of the prizes on offer - do remember that you have to add a card into Mr Linky. You can use Blogger if you have a blog, although I can't see one against your name. Or, Instagram or Flickr. The draw is only open to people who enter a card, or similar, using snippets into Mr Linky which appeared on 22nd December.
Anyhow, here's today's snippets card and prize:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- a snippet of Tim Holtz 'Sparkle' card which I'd already washed with alcohol inks some while ago
- stamped the beautiful Nellie's Choice 'Christmas Silhouette' (a gift from Shaz in Oz) onto the snippet, using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink (little warning here, they don't work too well together - the water based Memento ink takes forever to dry on top of an alcohol ink surface and is also a little 'patchy'. Another time I'll try Stayzon or perhaps heat emboss the image. We live and learn :)
- then die cut the image using a die from Spellbinder's 'Wonky Rectangles' set of nesting dies - and also die cut a snippet of white fun foam using a one size smaller die from the same set
- as usual, I ran a ball ended embossing tool around the die cut image whilst it was still in the die to create the 'frame effect'
- backed the image panel with the fun foam I'd already die cut, using Collall All Purpose glues then glued the image to the card front
- finally, added a sentiment from Clarity Stamp's 'Christmas & Celebrations' word sticker collection
So glad I finally managed to make a Nativity card for this challenge - as I previously said, it was originally meant to be made in time for Christmas Eve.
And today's prize is a Nellie's Choice 'Christmas Silhouette' stamp, kindly sent all the way from Oz by the lovely Shaz in Oz, a Spellbinder's 'Wonky Rectangles' set of nesting dies plus a pack of Clarity Stamp's 'Christmas & Celebrations' word stickers. Half the stickers are black on white and half are white on black - plus only half of the total number of stickers are Christmas 'specific' - the rest are a lovely mixture of general ones.
At the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes using the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE along with details of exactly how to join in - so you do need to have entered one snippets make over on that post during this fortnight to be in with a chance :) Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not have time to craft. Mr Linky closes at 11am on Saturday 4th January so you do need to have added a snippets make by then to be eligible for the draw.
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize.
The gammon/ham in Coca Cola got cooked - with help from Len to turn it over in the huge stockpot I was simmering it in. Yummy as usual!
Still struggling here with the shoulder, but each day I find I can lift my arm easily over my head - and more to the point hold it there as well. Showering and hair washing is almost back to normal, albeit not pain free, compared to a week ago .......... when even using a Faith deodorant stick was like a contortionist going through their routine!
Love from Parsnip, Dudley and of course me,