Sunday 24 March 2019

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #347 - results

Finally walking fine and coming down and back up the stairs with ease. Phew!

Let's get straight on with the fortnight's picks as I'm late - writing this on Saturday. Would you believe I had a list of 10 possible picks - some wonderful makes this past fortnight. Sadly, I'm sticking to three though, as follows:

These are such a sweet idea and a great way to use up snippets as well. Alice shared these altered/decorated paper clips (wouldn't they make great bookmarks?) and also, on her blog post HERE there's a link to Kitty's blog where she got the idea from - with more details on how to make them. Ha, and I think that cute little doggie looks a bit like young Dudley right now!

Liz sent a good few of us into squeals of delight with her amazing slider card! Do hop over and you'll see the card actually slid open, and also Liz's previous blog post shows another slider card plus a link to Jennifer McGuire's blog where you can see the secret of how it's made. I think it's very clever and hope to make the girls in Germany their Birthday cards using the same idea - later this year. It's a bit like the 'unending card' which always tickles children as they can't work out how it's done!

And here's another new idea I hadn't come across before. Using the Gina K template (or your own homemade one of course) to create a wreath of die cuts! Jeanne H skipped in with this clever idea - so pretty as well. And of course, Jennifer McGuire has a great tutorial on YouTube HERE if you want to know more! 

I'm sure most of you know that I made my own wreath template a good while back, before we could get hold of the real thing in the UK. The link to that post is HERE if you're interested. I used a big square die to do the cutting, but on YouTube there are tutorials on making your own template using a ruler and a craft knife.

We had no two new playmates this time and a total of 57 entries. It's lovely to see such healthy numbers - thank you so much for joining in!

Now it's prize draw time, and our winner of the bumper bundle of goodies, kindly donated by Lynn (Linby) is:



It's a first win for Joanne - so well done! Please send me your address, with your full name at the top as well so I can copy and paste or just write straight from the email onto the envelope - for speed and ease. It's also confirmation that you still would like the prize of course and I'll post your prize once I hear from you. Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always and I'll post the prize off to you ASAP this coming week.

Remember folks, there's still almost another week to run on Challenge #347 - you can find it HERE. The prize is a Clearly Besotted stamp and die set called 'Hoppy Easter'.

Afraid there's no new photo of Dudley this time, in fact right now he looks such a mess. I brushed his coat thoroughly and redid his top knot yesterday and within about ten minutes he'd undone all my hard work. So, that's a job for this afternoon. Thankfully he's fighting less and less when I'm doing it - and sometimes even just flops down on the table with a resigned sigh so I can work more easily! The only thing is that he loves to roll his eyes right down so it's a bit like looking at at alien only showing the whites of his eyes! Shudder - and I'm sure he knows it makes my knees feel wobbly and does it on purpose!

The hedgies are visiting each night, at least two of them, possibly more. Luckily they're fed outside the big penned in area on the patio at the back of the house as Dudley is inclined to woof at them still. Len strikes again though - he bought a garden ornament which is a very good likeness of a hedgie and moves it around outside the penned in area. Sometimes it's even at the feeding station which always makes me jump! The idea is to get Dudley used to seeing a 'hedgie' - only time will tell! 

And lastly, I'm hoping that ScrappyMo will be running the Rudolph Days challenge this month - from 25th to the end of the month. Comments aren't being published on her blog, there's no recent post and I know that she's also due for Surgery on her knee on 29th March. Hopefully all is fine and she's just busy right now. For once I actually have my RD card all made! Which is a bit of a miracle as my mojo has taken a long hike lately!

As always, Parsnip and Dudley send their love, and so do I of course! 







18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are making good progress with your walking - great news!

    Thank you for choosing my card as one of your picks this fortnight. Congratulations to the other picks and also to Joanne on her win.

    Just a tip about sending a slider card. I saw the friend I gave this particular card to this week and she told me she thought she had to undo the knot. It was only then that she realised that she was suppose to pull it to reveal the card inside, so she had to tie it again. Being a cardmaker, I thought she would realise what she was supposed to do. 😉 When I send any more slider cards, I think I'll put a Post-It note on with the instructions to pull the knot and not untie it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Di!! :) My very imperfect paper clips have been so fun to make and I'm so glad that Kitty has shared this useful way to use tiny scraps!!
    Congrats to Liz and Jeanne H, and to the lucky winner!
    Len have had a fab idea with the hedgehog garden ornament, hope that Dudley and the hedgie family could live in peace together! :D
    Big hugs and obviously a lot of cuddles to Dudley! Have a lovely Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to hear you are definitely up and about again - long may it last!! Some great picks as always and those paper clips are really good. Must have a go at the slider card too

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you're getting better and can even manage the stairs. Congrats to Joanne and fabulous picks. I'm definitely giving the ribbon slider a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous picks and congratulations to Joanne. Glad to hear you're feeling better Di.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty are your picks Di and congratulations to Joanne enjoy your win and so nice to read your becoming more mobile take care x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are more or less back to normal Di, it must be a great relief to you, and super picks again and also congratulations to Joanne for winning the wonderful prize this time. What a clever idea on Len's part to buy a hedgie look alike to try and accustom Dudley to seeing the real ones in the garden..hope it works. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any time your health gets better it's a reason to celebrate. I'm so happy for you and pray you continue to get better.

    Congratus to the winner and the Top 3. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gad you are feeling better. Congrats to the lucky winner and top picks. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO glad to know you're getting around better these days Di! Congrats to Joanne and the other notables, and I'm especially liking those altered paper clips by Alice! NJ everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Miss Di, the lovely Parsnip, and cutie Dudley of course.

    Congrats to the top picks they were all such brilliant use of Snippets.
    Also congrats to the winner.

    So glad things are improving quie quickly now and your sound much more mobile.

    I have emailed Maureen with my DT card and got no response so hopefully the Rudolf Challenge will still be on.

    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent choices for the featured picks, Di! I think your Len is such a smart one in how he is trying to get Dudley used to the hedgies. You both are having such fun with your critters and that makes me happy! On the other hand, I'm also concerned about Mo and hope she's alright and everything goes well on the 29th! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the shout-out, Di. Am so pleased to see your comments and so many visitors and wonderful comments. Hope you keep on feeling better and getting around. Hugs to you and Dudley too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great news, you will be dancing next.
    Great picks and well done to the three Ladies.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many beautiful picks! I am especially happy to see my friend Alice's altered clips! Yes, that puppy does look like Dudley, so sweet! Clever Len with the hedgie decoy! Haha, I hope it works! We don't want to scare the hedgies! Congrats to all the picks and winner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy to be the winner! I have already sent an email to you today. Glad to hear that you are getting better now.

    Warmest regards,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous picks Di and congratulations to Joanne. So pleased to hear you’re feeling better at last.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So happy to hear you're feeling better. Love the picks too xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.