Wednesday 6 March 2019

Hooray for Penny Black Stickeroos!

Mid-afternoon on Monday I realised it's a friend's Birthday later in the week and Len would be passing a post box on Tuesday so he could post it for me. Huh, we both looked right through the box of made up miscellaneous cards here and not a single one was suitable! That's a lesson - must try and make a few to have as standbys.

Whilst being laid up I've been browsing on line a lot and came across a really pretty sheet of Penny Black Stickeroos I'd not seen before - and thankfully the packet had arrived and was sitting there on my desk, certainly saved my bacon!

This is the card I made straight away at top speed, using just one of the stickers - the sheet has four large ones  a really lovely pink stem of flowers, three with beautiful poppies and two other small ones - one is poppies and the other a butterfly), dated 2016 so not all that old as I'd thought PB stopped making them a while ago:
I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" off-white card blank, side opening

- piece of the same shade of off-white card onto which I stuck the Stickeroo (from the 'touched by love' sheet) before then trimming it down to the size I wanted. You get no second chances with Stickeroos if you make a mistake!

- then backed the image panel with some pretty pink card and glued it onto the card front

- the sentiment was stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink onto a leftover snippet of the off-white card then trimmed down and backed with a small piece of the pink card. The sentiment stamp is from a set I use when I want a small font - it contains 22 different sentiments, made by Personal Impressions, called 'Everyday Words Happy Birthday', designed by Lindsay Mason. Not sure if it's still available to buy as I've had mine for many years - but it's a good all-rounder as it covers a lot more than just Birthdays

Then I wrote the card, stuck a stamp on and breathed a huge sigh of relief - before toddling off to rest up a bit more.







26 comments:

  1. I have too a lot of semi-done cards, but any time I need something there isn't the right I need... :) Lucky for you have received that fabulous Stickeroo just in time to make this sweetie!! LOVE the pink flowers and how this quick card came out! Your friend surely has been delighted!
    Hope you are feeling better :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Di, I thought you had stamped it when I first saw it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and feminine. Love it.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Di... very pretty stickeroo.. bacon saved! Hugs Shaz in Oz.x praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the right stickers to make a fantastic card so quickly, and I'm glad you had on hand just what you needed. The flower is lovely and the card is beautifully feminine! Hope you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beuatiful image!! I like the way you made a card wit it.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may have been a quick card Di but this PB Stickeroo is so pretty and I love the beautiful pink you have used with it, and perfectly finished with the sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You's a funny lady. Fab card. Hope you are feeling better. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stickeroos to the rescue - well done! I had some of these many moons ago but didn't realise they were still available.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous card for your friend. The mat matches the flower perfectly and brings out the color. I just bought two pages of PB stickers last year at my stamp store. I hope they didn't quit making them as they are wonderful for a quick, beautiful card like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too, never seem to have the "right" card when I need it. Got a whole container will of cards, but never the right one. Get's me every time. lol I didn't even know they had stickers like this, this card is just stunning and I would have never in a million years thought that image was a sticker! I'm so happy they just happened to be sitting on your desk and that you were able to pull this card together quickly and head back to bed for more rest. It is just stunning! Big hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really pretty card, Di. Don't you just love pink? Your card using stickers is a great idea for a quickie card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card and that Stickeroo is perfect for your friends b'day card x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty and I just love the way you have used the image, a really classy card.
    Beware I will be mailing you.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card. I haven't seen PB stickers in a long time. I had some lovely ones eons ago. I love a small font and your birthday one is nice. A good set to have so many, too. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, Di, I've been in that situation, too - emergency card required and nothing suitable! (Drives my hubby NUTS!) What a beautiful solution to your problem, such a simple yet pretty card!

    I hope you're feeling more rested today.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's a beautiful card Di and I love the Stickeroo.... mmm think I may have a couple of those in the cupboard somewhere, but definitely as pretty as this one. Hope you're still behaving and resting that foot up xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo gorgeous hun and I have a couple of stickeroos, but I must confess I have never used them, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Di!! Were you sitting down when you saw I actually wrote a post on my blog!!! Tee hee. I'm planning to get back into it. I've missed my blogging buddies, you being right at the top!

    Your card looks well thought and beautiful. I'm impressed that you made it under pressure!

    I hope you and Len (and the pup) are doing well. I think fondly of the two on you.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh, you know how I love the Stickeroos, too, Di, so now I need to go shopping and see if I can find this new set! I love how soft and flow-y the watercolor flowers are! You can't beat them for making a QACAS pretty card!! I do hope you will be fully out of your goat attack soon! Big Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, Di, it certainly doesn't look like a quickly made card. The image is so pretty. I've never been quite sure what Stickeroos are, except for being some sort of sticker. I'm off to check them out....... there you go, Di, it looks like you're enabling again! LOL! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have this stamp - so might CASe the colours!! LOL.
    Hoping you are managing to rest up Di. Hugs to Dudley and Mr Len! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your card and the colours you've used. It is amazing. :-)
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.