And we'll be having our usual Christmas/New Year Holiday draw over the festivities with plenty of prizes to be won - more details on here nearer the time!
Here's my snippets card for this fortnight's challenge - and you'll have to excuse the fact that it's another Stamping Bella stamp set I used - hot on the heels of the last challenge, but really quite a different set altogether, I think:
- 5.25" x 4.25" white card blank, tent opening
- snippets of pale green and bright pink card from the snippets folder - which I trimmed down and added to the card front using Collall All Purpose glue
- a snippet of paper from the Lawn Fawn 'Really Rainbow' paper pad which I used to match with the backing card layers and also the colouring in of the image
- snippet of white card, trimmed to size, onto which I stamped the image and the sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and both stamps from the Stamping Bella 'sweaty chicks' stamp set. Had to do a bit of fiddling using the Misti with an acetate grid placed over the card to get as straight a stamping as possible before then stamping onto the white panel
- coloured the image using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils and Sansodor Blending Solution
- trimmed the snippet of striped paper to 1" height for top and bottom and added it to the image panel using a tape runner before trimming off the sides (Tip: always do this from the back to get a straight cut)
- glued the panel to the card front and that it - done!
I just love this stamp set - great fun to colour and bound to make most people smile :) The camera has really picked up what the naked eye can't see - strokes etc. on the chicks' bodies even though I used blending solution! Short of going over the bodies with a Pro marker am not sure how to correct this as it looks fine in real life! Not got the time to fiddle round and risk ruining it either.
The prize, as usual, is very much connected to this week's snippets card:
As always, the Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 8th December. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you're wanting to be in the draw in a comment on here, then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' on the blog post itself - just in case you're playing only for fun - otherwise I ignore you on my little list.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
He has his first appointment at the groomers booked - just a Puppy Pamper session with a bath, blow dry, ears and eyes cleaned, claws clipped and any excess hair removed from his pads and feet. They are under strict orders not to touch anywhere else with scissors for now! His coat needs to be allowed to grow and gain some more weight and body before we go down that road even though he's a bit like a wriggly sheepskin rug - plus the hair on his muzzle has to grow so it lies flat. I read somewhere that a little slick of Vaseline will help to keep the hair from sticking up in front of his eyes - but first catch your puppy! Sigh, he always looks so solemn when I get the camera out as if he thinks trouble is brewing - this is a little dog who is usually hopping about with a happy smile on his face and his tongue poked out! He can hear the rustle of a cheese packet from the other end of the house and is very partial to a piece of raw carrot.
Love from Parsnip - who has taken it upon himself to sort out Christmas presents for Dudley, keeps him out of even more mischief! So far we have a very tasteful Christmas turkey squeaky toy with long dangly rope legs! And of course a 'woof' from Dudley ☺