..........for our own dear Crazy Bird, Miss Darnell!
Lots of you will already know that Darnell wrote on her blog that she was having an operation last Tuesday. It's all gone well and she's no longer in fear of her 'baby basket' making a bid for freedom - as she so neatly described it!
As soon as I knew the date of her 'theatre appearance' I made Darnell a get well card and it has arrived in California already:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, side opening
- a piece of white card stock, embossed using a Cuttlebug 'Pinking Stitch' folder and trimmed to the same size as the card front
- snippet of white card stock for stamping the image and little extras on
- then I set to using the fabulous Tim
Holtz 'Bird Crazy' stamp set as well as the Tim Holtz 'Crazy Things'
stamp set. First I stamped the images I wanted onto the white snippet
and then coloured them using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils and
Sansodor blending solution
- next I die cut the Crazy Bird using
the matching thinlets die set, and fussy cut the 'Crazy Things' hat and
bunch of flowers
- at this point I knew where I wanted the bird to sit in relation to the sentiment I planned to add so I did a little grey stripe on the front panelusing a Promarker and covered it with clear Wink of Stella
- next I stamped 'Get Well' using the Misti, Memento 'Tuxedo Black ink and a stamp from the Paper Smooches 'Sentiment Sampler' set
- next assembled the bird by cutting along it's wing to tuck the bunch of flowers in place and also cut along the back part of the hat so it sits properly on the birdie's head - used red line tape to fix things in place
- as the red line tape was already out I used it to add to the back of the assembled image and then stuck it onto the card front
- resisted the urge to add some turquoise sparkly sequins but did ad some little tickles of clear Wink of Stella to the flowers (hat and bouquet)
- finally, when the card was ready to be
put safely to one side, I added 'Glossy Accents' to the eyes
I do have to smile at the birdie (as they say) it almost seems to be looking up to check that nothing's gonna fall on its head from above! :)
Here's hoping that Darnell is soon back to her usual bouncy self!