Tuesday, 4 April 2017
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - 'Easter and include a bunny'
It's time for a new challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania and this fortnight's theme is 'Easter' and we're looking for a project which includes a bunny - or even more bunnies!
Details of our sponsor/the prize to be won can be found over on the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge blog.
You do have to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine for Cuttlebug Mania entries (it doesn't need to be a Cuttlebug but it must be manual, not electronic). And, you can't mix the two, it must be all manual please. Then make your entry, link into the challenge, link to the challenge in your own blog post and and make sure that you also say what products you used for any die cutting/embossing.
This is what I made:
- 6" x 6" white card blank
- then covered the card blank front with yellow Core'dinations (looks like green/lime in the photo but it's a true daffodil yellow !)
- next, I embossed a piece of white card using the Crafts-Too 'Leafy Tree' embossing folder and trimmed it to the size I wanted
- yay, time to die cut the grass, a snippet of green card and using a Stick-It backed MFT die called 'Grassy Fields' - I finally moved on from always using my 'icicles' die :)
- aw, next came the sweet little 'bunnies'. A cute family of them, die cut using the Joanna Sheen 'Rabbit Family' set, cut from SU 'Smokey Grey' card snippets and then coloured the tails on a couple of them with a Signo white pen
- added the stamped sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a 'Happy Easter - small script' stamp from 'Stamping All Day'
- mounted the image panel onto a piece of SU 'Smoky Grey. card so there was a narrow border down each side (the height of the image panel is deliberately the same height as the card front to fit the tree plus extras on!)
- finally, glued the image panel to the centre of the card front
I got the idea of using an embossed tree from Diane H, over here. I have a sneaking feeling this is the very first outing for that tree folder and I bought it back in the dark ages!
So, I used all NBUS goodies on my card today, the folder, grass die, bunny dies and also the sentiment stamp! Which means I can join in again with Darnell's latest NBUS challenge. She really would like to see some of our 'boo-boos' - but wouldn't you know it, I don't have any to show. Unless you count the fact that I originally die cut the grass with the Stick-It sheet on the front - it went into the waste bin and was gone before I thought to take a photo though!
Easter is almost here so I hope lots of you are beavering away making cards and will find time to join in with the Cuttlebug Mania challenge.I'm a fine one to talk really as I only send a couple of Easter cards each year!