|An attempt to show the sparkle on a dull Winter morning!|
- 4" x 5.75" white card blank
- deep red pearlescent card, trimmed to just slighter smaller than the card front and glued in place
- white card, embossed using the Sheena Douglass embossing folder called 'Christmas Greetings', then trimmed to slightly smaller than the red layer and glued in place
- next I punched a label using SU's 'Scalloped Label' punch
- then stamped the beautiful Santa face onto it using Memento 'Grey Flannel' ink and a stamp from Habico's 'Christmas 4' set. More about this stamp set below BTW
- coloured the image using just a couple of flesh coloured Pro markers plus a touch of blue for Santa's eyes
- added clear Wink of Stella plus some very fine glitter here and there
- a touch of Glossy Accents on Santa's specs
- once dry I then threaded a snippet of dark red organza ribbon through the top of the tag and trimmed the ends
- finally, stuck the tag onto the embossed background using thin sticky pads
And, I made four cards exactly the same as a head start for Christmas 2017 :)
Of course, today's prize is based on the Habico 'Christmas 4' stamp set I used - and here's the tale. Our Playmate Kathy K has recently been using this wonderful stamp set and I absolutely had to rush off and buy it as a prize! This is the set which includes the Santa image that has been around since at least 2008. I know that Kathy also has a larger Santa stamp of the exact same image (I think Rubber Stampede made it) but I missed the boat there, sigh. However, there are ways to use the smaller one, as I showed above:
Kathy's blog here. Thanks for letting me share this Kathy - I owe you as there was no time to even attempt to make a sample, besides which yours is perfect!
Crumbs, I almost forgot! In all the excitement of finding this fabulous set of stamps, I got my paws on three for today's prize! This is the last prize on offer for the five year celebration so it seemed right to throw in a few more chances of winning :)
The Playground gates will be closing very soon, at 11am on Saturday as usual. I am left with one Christmas themed prize - but it's quite a special set of stamps and matching dies so rather than squeeze it in here - it will be on offer from Sunday's new Mr Linky. I think you'll like it - a lot!
At the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes shown during this celebration, up to and including today, using the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE - so you do need to have entered one snippets make over on that post to be in with a chance :) Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not have had much time to craft.
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize, remember there are three sets on offer.
The card that kicked the giveaway off is the slider card I made for Len: